A new planet just right for life?

It's a bit of a stretch to really conclude anything at this point about this particular planet. The interesting part is that they found a planet with real potential so fast, which greatly increases the chances of life outside the Earth.

Thank you for the news, i will be nice to have life in other planet everyday its a day close. to find life outside Earth

And if there is life on that planet? So what?
It's millions of miles away.

Some of the billions of dollars that are wasted on space research would go a long long way to eliminating poverty and hunger right here on our own planet.

Why not let them spend the money discovering us?

While I agree more should be spent helping us, it's still fascinating that there may be life on another planet.

And if there is life on that planet? So what?
It's millions of miles away.

Some of the billions of dollars that are wasted on space research would go a long long way to eliminating poverty and hunger right here on our own planet.

Why not let them spend the money discovering us?

that so true, :(

It's about 120 trillion miles away, so it would take several generations for a spaceship to get there.

Seems a bit far to make it worthwhile sending a mission there. Maybe some day when the pace of developing new technologies reaches a plateau or slows down, it would make sense to. Otherwise, the mission may end up being just money thrown out into space, with subsequent possible missions being far cheaper and better prepared than the initial one, maybe traveling faster too.

Anyone know the estimate of travel time to reach it? The story states 20 light years and 14 million miles.

wOW,nice post. However not going to be able to land on it, its too expensive to travel through space shuttle. ;)

I am sure life exists in many places throughout the Universe, and maybe even in such places where we could not even think of seeking at. Do we know what is life in fact? How could we know it may only exist as a carbon form?

I think we'll soon find something very interesting in space.

Great news, surely if we could reach there, it would have been better. But how can we possibly reach millions of light years away to the planet? Our spacecrafts and rockets arent able to get that much of speed yet.