A place to rest RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

hided_cluster

Hello

I need +/- 100 to 250 GB disk space ...
To start I will have enough with 2 MB webspace but when I will be finished with the first directory and will umpload it I will be at 250 MB
I will then start on the Photos Archives and upload just the 1940-1945 archives photos wich are so around 9 to 15.000 webpages (script generated localy but uploaded as html pages on the server).
Then the films archives ... about 30 to 400 MB / Films (I have 900 hours films) ...

Then this and this and this and this ...

I need a webserver - that's for sure but .... BUT why should I pay $ 250 the first month for 12 MB space used ... as well as 250 % month #2 for 120 MB and so on ...

But no one is offering a way to enter the net that way .... you have payed out over 1250 USD and you are still working on the first GIG ...

The big deal ... support .... I don't need that some kerk located in the south east of Africa answer me on the phone at 03.00 am because I have a problem with my web resseler located in Tucson Az and one of his serves located in China ...

I need Unix - Cpanel - and the usual crap on it like on any webservers ... I don't need a beautifull colored webpage that show me how beautiful it is to show a redhat logo in 16 differents ways or a 30 feet long webpage to make me a list of what available is on thr server because I am not trying to fly with I am just whiling to put datas on it ...

I was thinking about buying one server and installing it in my basment with a leased line but there is no way to have an idea of what I need or should need to do this ...

This is the kind of things sellers sould think about ...
I see everywhere list and treads "what to do to choose a good reseller" but I don't see any treads "what I need is this - who offer this" ...

When I buy a new car .... I make a quick evaluation of the amount of mile I will do with / year ... and it comes to 50.000 .... do I need to buy also immediatly gasoline for 50.000 miles while paying the new car ?

By the way ... before the Chineese start killing the market and dumping the prices to zero ... I think web host should think a little more as they do it right now ...

Still looking for a hard disk somewhere on a webserver ...

You should start with a shared hosting plan and move up to a dedicated server when your site requires more resources.

Then the films archives ... about 30 to 400 MB / Films (I have 900 hours films) ...
Do you have permission to distribute these films?

sure do ... I have permissions and I have even bought the right on some.
To start .... I would start with
a server and
10 usd month 1
20 usd month 2 and 3
30 usd month 4 and 5
40 usd month 6 and 7
50 usd month 8 and 9
60 usd month 10 and 11 + 12
upgrade to a top server
150 to 200 / month month 13 and up

During 2005 one banner (I had onli this one) was served 7.491.831 times
This mean that I should reach very soon 10 to 15.000.000 times for one banner
Accepting only banner that are eligible
Photos Material - Video Material - Movies Material - etc etc etc this could be a great way to advertise because the website is free to use.
I have even sent out an offer to Goggle.

That's it ...
(Unix Cpanel)

This could be a good start point

what I hate ... is fanatical support autoinstalled crap on the host

/home/blabla/www/
/home/blabla/www/cgi-bin/
is enough
the rest into the cpanel

I could also use a software to stream mpeg embded into a webpage. I mean that doesn't need to be doawnloaded from the visitor prior viewing (it this exist)

Thanks

Just to clarify.
I need +/- 100 to 250 GB disk space ...
To start I will have enough with 2 MB webspace but when I will be finished with the first directory and will umpload it I will be at 250 MB
Are you talking about GB or MB?

Status
Not open for further replies.