A Small Suggestion

Fastian

Hello to HD team

I was reading KB at HelpDesk section. The font size used in post is too small. I am using 1024*768 resolution and it is very difficult for me to read it properly. I am sure, if you are viewing it from a higher resolution, you will have more issue.

Even if you change Text Size from IE, it doesn’t make any difference. (Something to do with ID, I guess)

So, I will suggest increasing the font size for better reading.

Regards
Fastian

I "manage" a couple forums myself for a couple friends ... and members of those sites most times have vision difficulties. What I have done is ... changed the theme's fonts so instead of being a specified size ... I use percentages. Its worked pretty good for the members needs.

However, as a member here, I find FireFox to be a better browser to use when my own vision is being impaired. For some reason, FireFox's ability to override the font settings of a site are better than IE's. Its not only helped me here but a number of other sites I encounter on the net. Easier to change the browser you use than the thousands of sites whose fonts are set at a specific size.

JMHO
Peter

I'm on 1280x1024 and it does seem a bit small to me.

pmhoran's Firefox suggestion is an excellent workaround. :)

Fastian, thank you for your suggestion. I agree with you, it is why we hope to make the font size bigger with the next IntelloDesk release (its the software that powers our helpdesk). I believe the next version does not contain font size this small.

Unfortunately, the size of the font is something that we cannot correct locally - it comes standard from software manufacturer.

Best,

Artashes said:
Fastian, thank you for your suggestion. I agree with you, it is why we hope to make the font size bigger with the next IntelloDesk release (its the software that powers our helpdesk). I believe the next version does not contain font size this small.

Unfortunately, the size of the font is something that we cannot correct locally - it comes standard from software manufacturer.

Best,

That’s what I thought myself. (ID= IntelloDesk)
I think, such options should be kept at user’s side. (Changing font, size and color) Infect, changing everything related to theme/template should be at users disposal.

Hope to see ID v2 will sort out this issue.

You can always use CTRL/Mousewheel Forward to increase the size of fonts on a web page.

I KNOW! I KNOW! Selling the answer for $10 each! :)

On a side note at home on my laptop with 1024x768 and IE7 and it's small but not bad. I thought with ID you could change the size when you create/edit the article?

At least in my version of ID I was able to, and I'm running same version as HD...

Exon said:
I thought with ID you could change the size when you create/edit the article?
This is accurate. IntelloDesk v1 has a wysiwyg editor for the articles. When the font size of the articles aren't set, it will take on the font size of the table class that the article appears in.

IntelloDesk will indeed have the ability to better handle this, and handle templates a ton better than v1.0 (v2.0 is using the Smarty engine)

Fastian said:
Hello to HD team

I was reading KB at HelpDesk section. The font size used in post is too small. I am using 1024*768 resolution and it is very difficult for me to read it properly. I am sure, if you are viewing it from a higher resolution, you will have more issue.

Even if you change Text Size from IE, it doesn’t make any difference. (Something to do with ID, I guess)

So, I will suggest increasing the font size for better reading.

Regards
Fastian

Use Firefox, hold control and then scroll using your mouse wheel. Instant size increase (or decrease...) pretty much everywhere :)

By far one of the most useful features of Firefox - IE's text size features seem to do nothing on most sites.

By far one of the most useful features of Firefox
I quite agree. It's funny how doing one small thing done right, can make such a big difference between two browsers (at least for some users). :)

Last edited: