About WebServe.ca

LegitWebHost

Hey,

Has anybody ever tried using services provided WebServe.ca??
If anybody has, what do you think about it? Is it good? Is it reliable? How is the support??

I believe you should try namecheap.com to purchase domain names and have hostgator hosting to go.

Hostgator baby plans start at around $7 and you can host unlimited websites on it.

webserve has been around for a while but I havent heard much about them.

Hello,

I was asking this because they are pretending to provide service. I have reported this case to RCMP (Royal Canadian Mount Police) already.

Fabrino G.

Hello,

I was asking this because they are pretending to provide service. I have reported this case to RCMP (Royal Canadian Mount Police) already.

Fabrino G.

Yes what server are they pretending to offer as your original post just seesm to be questions asked by someone thinking of using them and wanting info before signing up with them

what do you think about it?
Is it good?
Is it reliable?
How is the support??

these are not questions someone already using their services ask

Hey,

If anybody has, what do you think about it? Is it good? Is it reliable? How is the support??

this is silly. If you know they do not provide a service then why are you asking for a review of their services.

I did notice that there latest windows server is Server 2003. But maybe they are just filling a niche

Well...I was being indirect because I just wanted to hear perspectives and opinions from other customers of WebServe.ca

I order the package on 15 October 2012, they took 48 hours to activate my package. Because of this slow support, I did not like using their services and I requested a refund immediately as a result. On the Friday of the same week, they said it was going to be refunded. On the Saturday of the same week, I requested a cancellation through their online request as they had suggested. 3 weeks later, I still had not gotten anything back yet, so I phoned them. They were like, "We are sorry. I will submit your request to my boss." They also told me to wait for another week or so, and I did, but there was still not a single news heard from them.

About a week after that, they started to decline every phone calls I made to them. They shut off all the live chat support. They neither responded to any of my emails.

Till this day, 13 December 2012, I still haven't gotten a CENT back.

Well...I was being indirect because I just wanted to hear perspectives and opinions from other customers of WebServe.ca

I order the package on 15 October 2012, they took 48 hours to activate my package. Because of this slow support, I did not like using their services and I requested a refund immediately as a result. On the Friday of the same week, they said it was going to be refunded. On the Saturday of the same week, I requested a cancellation through their online request as they had suggested. 3 weeks later, I still had not gotten anything back yet, so I phoned them. They were like, "We are sorry. I will submit your request to my boss." They also told me to wait for another week or so, and I did, but there was still not a single news heard from them.

About a week after that, they started to decline every phone calls I made to them. They shut off all the live chat support. They neither responded to any of my emails.

Till this day, 13 December 2012, I still haven't gotten a CENT back.
this may be bad and slow but does not show they are "pretending to provide service."

depends on what you ordered from them. some services can take 48 hours to set up.

If I requested a refund, then they ignored me after keeping contacting them...

I am sure that they are pretending to provide service.

Ps. I am not the only victim, a few other clients had the similar issues, to the extent which their accounts were not activated after a few weeks.

Maybe they took the TOS out, because it still existed a few weeks ago.

Again, they are "pretending" to offer their customers service.

Maybe they took the TOS out, because it still existed a few weeks ago.

Again, they are "pretending" to offer their customers service.

have you a link to their TOS may ahve missed it as too many links on their site.

still no proof of them pretending to offer a server. Maybe its a 1 man show with many affiliate partnerships (site looks like build by a child) and he got swamped with orders and has no clue how to handle them.

just goto to the payment provider chargeback the payment and move on.

Ok, whatever. I ain't going to argue with you. I have reported to RCMP (Royal Canadian Mount Police), and they will be taking over this case for further investigation.

See!!?? Issues resolved!!!

I found plenty of reports online regarding bad services in 2007, 2008 and even a posting on RipOffReports (which is it's own discussion I will not get into here).

What I did find however was the cancellation procedure for webserve.ca - http://www.webserve.ca/support/cancel/

I also found their Legal page, which covers terms of service - http://www.webserve.ca/legal/

I also found that they state they offer a 30 day refund, except for setup fees, but if you are outside of the 30 day refund timeframe, then section 1.2 comes into play which states that they will not refund if you terminate within the initial term. If it's after the initial term, then they pro-rate refunds.

Since this is an issue regarding a refund for services, and not an issue of someone "pretending to offer services", I would continue with your legal resources, contact the authorities and request a refund on your credit card or payment method that you used.

I strongly advise you to refrain from saying that someone is pretending to offer a service, as there is no actual pretending. While they may not have delivered a product on time, and then a refund reqeusted and not delivered, this is not the same as saying that someone says they offer something and in fact do not. If you continue to issue such statements, you might quickly find yourself in court for defamation through libel statements.

With regards to your future in choosing web hosting companies, please be sure to check google and various other sources regarding a hosting company prior to starting services with them. The basic search of just "webserve.ca tos" yielded 5 results in the top 10 that all said to stay away. Not a good thing when you see that for ANY company.

Another popular search is "company sucks" where you replace company with the correct company name. This can be a real eye opener on companies and people.

They still owe me $66.25 CAD.

This is not something you contact RCMP over.

As you were advised, if they deny you the right for a refund, file for a chargeback with your credit card's issuing bank. It may take up to 8 weeks to see a credit, but if you provide all the details to them, there is no reason why they won't credit you back the amount.