Acanac.com

Its called extreme overselling.
Exactly. I would not want to be on the server where one account actually uses what it was given. And, to point out, the link you gave does not sell hosting, rather, it is an affiliate of Canaca.com.

The first line in Canaca.com's disclaimer states:
Canaca.com cannot be held liable for system downtime, crashes, or data loss.

Just one more example of why you should always read the terms of use. ;)

It would be interesting to see how close you could get to actually using the space and bandwidth before they pull the plug for "violating" their TOS.

Overselling is definately what this new host is doing. They won't be around too much longer and i bet the support is bad too.

DTA = "Don't Trust Acanac"

DTA = "Don't Trust Acanac"

I need to get the word out about Acanac. This is a warning to anybody interested in signing up for service with Acanac.

They offer great prices for service, but their service is horrible.

They can offer great prices because they use employees overseas that don't speak English. You may not notice this if you phone them to sign up, and that's because their sales office is here in Ontario, Canada, using English speaking employees.

They have below poor customer service. They don't care and never return phone calls. Once you've paid them up front, they've got their money, and they believe that their job is done.

I signed up for VOIP & Internet with them. Once I realized the mistake I made it took over 4 months to get a partial refund for service, and I'm still fighting to get back money that they still owe me. Truly it's 5 months now and they still owe me money.

I should also mention that thay hang up on you purposely if you mention that you want a refund. Scary!

What says it best is the Better Business Bureau. (www.bbb.org) They've got Acanac at an "unsatisfactory" level.

Trust me, no amount of money saved is worth it. I'm working with the BBB to try and get my money back currently.

The complaints Acanac received were all different:

These complaints concerned:

1. Customer Service Issues
BBB Definition:
Service Issues - Claims of alleged delay in completing service, failure to provide promised service, inferior quality of provided service, or damaged merchandise as a result of delivery service. Claims alleging unsatisfactory customer service, including personnel's failure to provide assistance in a timely manner, failure to address or respond to customer dissatisfaction, unavailability for customer support, and/or inappropriate behavior or attitude exhibited by company staff.

2. Guarantee or Warranty Issues
BBB Definition:
Guarantee or Warranty Issues - Claims alleging failure to honor the terms regarding guarantees or warranties.

3. Billing or Collection Issues
BBB Definition:
Billing or Collection Issues - Claim alleging billing errors, unauthorized charges, or questionable collection practices.

4. Service or Repair Issues
BBB Definition:
Repair Issues - Claims of alleged incorrect diagnosis of a problem, delay in completion of repair, inferior workmanship. Claims of alleged delay in completing service, failure to provide promised service, inferior quality of provided service, damage merchandise as a result of delivery service. alleged incorrect diagnosis of a problem, delay in completion of repair, inferior workmanship.

I went 3 months without home phone because of them. Acanac refused to release my phone number back to Bell (which is illegal), but they didn't care.

My cell phone bills cost me $173.56 total and all calls were to Acanac to cancel service and transfer my number back to Bell.

Thank you Bell for bringing me back!

Save yourself the hassel.

Don't Trust Acanac.

There goes the answer I guess...
I am sorry to hear about your experience, BooAcanac.

Frank N. Stein said:
Exactly. I would not want to be on the server where one account actually uses what it was given. And, to point out, the link you gave does not sell hosting, rather, it is an affiliate of Canaca.com.

The first line in Canaca.com's disclaimer states:

Just one more example of why you should always read the terms of use. ;)
I don't think they are affiliates but the same company.

hump....

OverSelling, its sound like familiar for me, because when im googling the net and search for web hosting, i found that the prices and the packages that they offer its ...... so cheap.....