Accepting payments via online Checks..??

Dev4vip

Is this is a good way to accept payments for web hosts..?

Will this create any problems for the web host specially since online checks does not support recurring billing or does it?

Does anyone (web hosts) offer this payment option for their clients..? And has any client ever used this option to pay their hosting bill..?

Dev4vip said:
Is this is a good way to accept payments for web hosts..?

Will this create any problems for the web host specially since online checks does not support recurring billing or does it?

Does anyone (web hosts) offer this payment option for their clients..? And has any client ever used this option to pay their hosting bill..?
I think the concept of Cheques not recurring is a good thing. Since alot of hosting companies are a month-to-month basis with no contracts.

However Cheques are becoming more and more outdated.

oh great it seems online check does not support for web hosting companies, 2co just informed me that their online check option work only for non recurring orders and products and it wont be available for web hosting companies under them hmmmm,

Any web hosts using this online check feature..? But then again its true coz at the end of the month you will have to go after your client asking him for the payment, and that's not a good job to do.

Last edited:
I think under "certain" circumstances, it would be a possible way for payment. However, for a long term deal, I find it a hassle to deal with. Unless the user is willing to pay annually, semi-annually, quarterly etc.. it makes things much easier. As far as I know, I don't think very many hosting biz use checking.

Never have used online cheques for recurring billing. We used to use standard paper cheques when people didn't want to pay online but we kept having to chase people up as they kept forgetting to send them - which would probably be the same for online ones.
I suppose they are ok for these short one time things but not recurring

Regular cheaps and echecks are acceptable for reoccuring payment methods. We use WHMCS and have to process them manually but as long as the client's pay on time it works for us.

Some people only shop online via checks, money orders, and other forms of mail-in-payments and a good service provider should make those customers feel confident in they're transactions and have those options available. Personally, I would think less of a company if they didn't.

I think the client can give standing instruction to their banker for automatic recurring bill payments instead of paying by check every month.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
netcrohosting