Access 2007 hosting options

Status
Not open for further replies.

RAuten

Hi Everyone,

Using Purehost ATM for standard hosting, which has no MS Access support simply MySQL (which I can't stand). Plus we have a SharePoint Network Solutions solution as well. Together we spend about $40/month. We can spend more and most likely will need to. We are looking for a recommendation given the following:

- Want to use our MS Access 2007 DB connecting through drill-downs to over 150,000 1MB to 2MB files (mostly PDF's) which are supporting documents for the client records from MS Access Forms (Roughly 50,000)
- Not sure if we "should" be using SQL Server
- SharePoint for Lists/Workflow
- Storage of 300GB (Assumption / 150,000 files at 2MB)
- Silverlight needed or do we simply Silverlight created files like SWF's?
- Uptime is key

Additionally we will be tying our DB in to a major national client who will want feeds back and forth.

Any insight on who could provide an appropriate option would be great. I can spend up to $200/250 per month if need be. The key is being a Windows server so we can use Access. For some stupid reason Network Solutions only supports .mdb files. Pretty archiac it seems.

Thanks in advance.

Hi RAuten, welcome to HostingDiscussion.com, I hope you find what you are looking for.

You mentioned that you are looking for "recommendation", in which case web hosting providers that think can match your request, CANNOT recommend themselves, as it is against the rules.

If you are looking for open call options, then if you tell me so, I will move your thread to Web Hosting Requests forum where providers can also make you offers.

Either way it is fine with the community. But please report companies that choose to solicit you with offers if you prefer to receive recommendations and not sales attempts.

Best
Artashes

Artashes -

Thank you for your quick response! Yes, we are just looking for recommendations, but if there are any companies who feel as though they can meet these requirements, I'd love to hear from them. We're looking to make a decision in the next couple of days so we can get the ball rolling.

Moving this thread to the Web Hosting Requests would be great. Thank you.

Moved to Web Hosting Requests.

Web hosting providers can make public offers only to fit your requirements.

Status
Not open for further replies.