Ace-host are thieves

tabaluga

Last year I bought shared hosting with ace-host.net. I know it is a cheap and crappy host, but hey, some cheap ones aren't too bad. A few weeks later my first site gets deleted and account suspended. Apparently I used too much cpu, but I have since found out that this is an excuse they use to get rid of larger sites. I moved my site to micfo.com who have been excellent.
Then my second site on ace-host gets deleted. Apparently a security breach. They did not maintain any back up. Once my account was working properly again (3weeks!!) I fixed my site.

In all one year has passed since my first sign up with ace-host.net. Yesterday I get a bill for renewal of the suspended site. I was very surprised and very annoyed. So I complain, but they reply by telling me that even though they killed my account and site, I am still responsible for paying all fees until I sign a termination form. Because my account is now overdue they insist that the termination can only be done for the next billing cycle (ie next year).

Beware these thieves. They run your site down, don't maintain backups, have no customer service other than billing & sales, and simply do not deserve anyone's money.

Last edited:
Hmm... you are talking about Ace-Host.net and not the .com company but I have had people tell me their experiences with them and they were pretty pleasant. They also have live chat support that seems to be on often. I guess that every hosting company has its downside. Great review... very informative!

Hmmm...

I have to say that the original review of ace-host.net is more or less what i have ound so far in many webhosting forums and in other reviews...What the original poster said seems to be their usuall customer approach (or the word "trick" would me more appropriate?) and i have heard this story about 6-7 times when i started researchig on them...Too bad because they looked decent although "too good to be true".

I havent had any personal experience but from what i have heard so far i think i will stay away from them...I was very close to fall for their offer before i found those forums...Thank you guys! Money are not that important but loosing data and going on a "find-out-what-on-earth-is-going-on" safari on your webhost are...

I was reading Ace-hosts plans and something confused me for a bit...
For $3.95 you get

• 5,000 MB Space
• 50 GB Bandwidth
• As low as $3.95

But for $9.95 you get
• 1,000 MB Space
• 25 GB Bandwidth
• As low as $9.95

Is this just maybe a type-o for or am I missing something?

dubs said:
For $3.95 you get

• 5,000 MB Space
• 50 GB Bandwidth
• As low as $3.95

But for $9.95 you get
• 1,000 MB Space
• 25 GB Bandwidth
• As low as $9.95

LOL if this was only true in real life :p

i think they cant sPeLL correctly ;)

dubs said:
For $3.95 you get

• 5,000 MB Space
• 50 GB Bandwidth
• As low as $3.95

But for $9.95 you get
• 1,000 MB Space
• 25 GB Bandwidth
• As low as $9.95

haha how funny

sina said:
I had same problem ,Finally I hired a didicated server.

I hope it won't be long until people will finally realise that those hosts that offer dedicated-server plans on shared hosting for ridiculously low prices, are either crooks or have no idea what they're talking about.

Generally speaking, they are fly bys that will close down in the coming months. Although i could be wrong, some larger companies offer high spec plans but are financially secure.

I just wish people would pay that extra few dollars and choose a good, solid web hosting provider. But the people will always go for the cheapest one i suppose :-0

- Eddy

I can't believe they are tyring to get away with that and force you to pay...

You had to have looked at the bill and.... :banned:

• 5,000 MB Space
• 50 GB Bandwidth
• As low as $3.95

After reading that I could have told you they were a bad host. Its not possible to sell that amount of resources at that price without overselling to the max. At 50 GB per account they would only be able to have 20 accounts if they have a 1000 GB limit.

I spoke with them and asked them if they give any warnings before closing an account. They told me that it was all computer controlled so there were no warnings whatsoever... That does not look good, or make them look good.