Adobe buys Macromedia

Denny

Adobe Systems to buy Macromedia in stock deal
April 18, 2005 - 07:51 EDT Adobe Systems today announced an deal to buy Macromedia in a stock-based deal valued at US$3.4 billion, reports MarketWatch. "The terms, approved by boards of both software developers, set a 25% premium for Macromedia shares, based on the stock's close on Friday at $33.45. Macromedia holders are to receive 0.69 shares of Adobe for every share of Macromedia."

How many of you use GoLive vs. Dreamweaver? I guess we should toss Flash into that count. I wonder if Adobe will kill GoLive and pick up all the Macromedia products for the web? What do you guys thing?

WOW, I happened to have thought about how much I use tools from both companies in a complementary fashion. If handled right, this could be a great thing.

I think they'd be smartest to incorporate the best of Dreamweaver and GoLive together, kill Fireworks (taking from it some of the features that would work for ImageReady), and make Photoshop and Flash the flagship products. Wonder what they'll do with ColdFusion and Contribute, though. I guess GoLive and Contribute would also have common functionality too (or potentially have some good commonality).

Wonder what the whole "Creative Studio" package will cost now?!?!?! LOL

i heard about this and man what a deal ;)

lets hope though that adobe wont be charging the macromedia products as a high as they do their own ;)

maybe they will put their products together and make a super web dev program :)

Very Interesting, this is bad news for all of those small companies who will be facing a giant now, competetion will be allot harder.

I thought that the fair trade commission would have something to say about that... cats-computing they certainly will be a dominant force in the web dev market.

Apart from frontpage who else can think of a fairly popular WYSIWUG web page tool?

eleven said:
I thought that the fair trade commission would have something to say about that... cats-computing they certainly will be a dominant force in the web dev market.

Apart from frontpage who else can think of a fairly popular WYSIWUG web page tool?

yeh true i would agree entirely im sure we will here more about this as the days go on should be intresting :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
netcrohosting