Advertise?

Anjay

I know I'm new here and all - and don't have many posts here,

but what about you guys advertising?

I know WebHostingTalk advertises a lot, and I often see their ads here and there. Maybe if Hosting Discussion advertised too?

It's a possibilitiy, since this place would be really great if you guys did as it has a really nice design. :)

Thank you for your support, Anjay.

I cannot speak for the owner of this forum (Orioli), but I know that much: he is in the final stage of reconstructing his forums (he has 5 of them). As he told me, he IS going to advertise right after the administrative process is over.

I want to see this forum grow as well. This forum is built based on public feedback (which something you can't say about WebHostingTalk)! It will be a great place once it gets the highest activity. :)

Best,

Artashes said:
Royi, I think we mean to advertise this forum, not ON it. heh.. but that's ok. ;)

heh, you just beat me to it Artashes! :p

But anyways, that may not be such a bad idea letting us advertise on here.... :D

hehe, we aren't making a scene! :p

Anyway, it was a good idea of yours. ;)
I'd certainly advertise here if they let us for a good price. :)

Yeah. I'm sure if you did allow the people here to advertise at a good rate Orioli, you'd get a very good response.

Especially when you get more members and this places get rolling, then I'm sure your advertising prices will be just as high as they are at WHT! :D

Maybe getting advertising space on site like WHT?
Advertising any sort of web site on WebHostingTalk costs a dear amount of money. Another problem is that both WHT and HD are about the exact same thing [Some may not feel that this is a problem, however I feel it'd be a mighty risk to invest money advertising on WHT since both web sites in question are about the same thing].

I've always felt like advertising a forum was a waste of money - advertising does not build a great community - its members do. But looking at how activity is growing, I decided to take the forum's name out (the only thing you can really rely on when advertising), so this week we launched our first ad campaign that goes through over 10 web sites (including FreeWebHostingTalk) and will appear in PingZine! and WHIR hosting magazines' directories. We'll see how this works.

But looking at how activity is growing,
Yes, activity is growing a lot. I remember back to when I first came here, and there were fewer members and fewer posts. I remember there'd be a day or two and there would be posts in certain forums and so on - However things seem to be growing nicely now. :)

We'll see how this works.
I hope it all works out for you. :)
Hope you didn't spend too much money either though; advertising can be a costly business - Especially if you go through the wrong places.

Anjay said:
Hope you didn't spend too much money either though; advertising can be a costly business - Especially if you go through the wrong places.
Ouch, don't even remind me Anjay... However, I spent at least a couple of weeks prior to the campaign looking around, e-mailing the sources I was most interested in, doing the budgeting for it and I think I did well. I went about only 5% over the budget. Yeah, that was definitely a big number, but as you noted correctly, advertising IS a costly business. However, it pays off if you do it right.