Advertising in Magazines

allreseller.com said:
no but my buddy at 1and 1 says it works for them but there ad budget is enormous
To be honest, I am not sure how they are tracking the performance/success of their campaigns in magazines. They have ads in almost every tech magazine, and its the same ad. There is no point of difference you can track.

Best,

In theory, you're only advertising your business to those who read the magazines you publish it in. However this works with everything; posters in a town (Only advertising to those in that town or pass it)...Marketting schemes can take a while to get right in my opinion. I wouldn't suggest advertising in magazines when you';re starting out, never overlook your local market and advertise around your home town etc..

I dont have enough experience in advertising however i really enjoy business. Try going to some networking confrences and telling others about your business that way also. Business Cards are a grea tthing too.

As for magazines, i dont see the point in wasting a lot of money for page spreads or corner advertisements in any sort of magazine worth while because you could easily get the same amount of people looking at other advertising methods elsewhere..

Best of luck!

allreseller.com said:
no but my buddy at 1and 1 says it works for them but there ad budget is enormous

Yeah about 5 or 6 pages in pretty much very computer zine there is. Lovely. Their budget is HUGE for zine adverts.

hostfrog.com said:
Yeah about 5 or 6 pages in pretty much very computer zine there is. Lovely. Their budget is HUGE for zine adverts.
The part I find most amusing about it is how they advertise their shared offers, domain registrations and site-builder tools to an audience of technology executives and managers of medium and large enterprises (ex: eWeek Magazine, Baseline, etc).

Artashes said:
The part I find most amusing about it is how they advertise their shared offers, domain registrations and site-builder tools to an audience of technology executives and managers of medium and large enterprises (ex: eWeek Magazine, Baseline, etc).

Exactly, seemingly enough wasting money (although I am sure it gets the name out pretty well but the signup ratio I am sure has a huge gap.) to advert to the wrong consumers.

hostfrog.com said:
Exactly, seemingly enough wasting money (although I am sure it gets the name out pretty well but the signup ratio I am sure has a huge gap.) to advert to the wrong consumers.
I agree. They would have more success advertising to garden enthusiasts than to executives running multi-million dollar IT funds within their organizations.