Amazon Payments

JamesCWilson

For a while now, Amazon has had a payment system known as "Amazon Payments" which is supposed to be along the same lines as other payment systems such as Paypal and Google checkout. Has anyone here had any experience with it, and what is your opinion about it?

Never even heard about it, will definitely be checking it out now that you mention it though. Perhaps the lack of hearing about it though would indicate it's not as widely used as the others (of course).

Have you signed up to give it a try?

Amazon has had its merchant system for a while, and I've used that, or rather I am an Amazon merchant. But payments in the likes of Paypal I have not heard of-yet Amazon is normally good at advertising. I wonder what went wrong here?

Amazon has had its merchant system for a while, and I've used that, or rather I am an Amazon merchant. But payments in the likes of Paypal I have not heard of-yet Amazon is normally good at advertising. I wonder what went wrong here?

I really am not sure how long ago Amazon Payments was rolled out, but I am surprised that it doesn't seem to be more widely used. When you consider how vastly popular most of Amazon's other services are, it just doesn't add up why Amazon Payments would be used more. Google Checkout has been able to grow in popularity after all, so you would think Amazon could do it with their service too.

A friend of mine used AmazonPayments and found the experience to be similar to PayPal. However, most use PayPal, and are comfortable with it. Next choice would be googlecheckout?

I think that PayPal is probably the service people are most comfortable with, if only because it is the oldest and most widely used payment service out there. That doesn't mean it is necessarily the best payment option, just the most accepted and trusted.

As for Amazon Payments, the only reason that it isn't more widely used is simply because the market is bloated, and because it's newer than some of the other services.

I haven't heard of this either. I wonder ow long will it be before all the major billing software companies have plugins for this.

Mark

I haven't heard of this either. I wonder ow long will it be before all the major billing software companies have plugins for this.

Mark

I don't know to be honest, but it depends on how long it takes for Amazon Payments takes to catch on...and that is assuming that it ever catches on at all. Amazon usually succeeds with new services they unveil, but they have had a few failures before too. Only time will tell if Amazon Payments is another one of those failures, or possibly just a later bloomer as far as success is concerned.