Amsterdam - Great data center location

WebNet Host

For Europe, Amsterdam is becoming a Fast evolving data center location.

The reasons for Amsterdam being so popular is
- High Connectivity
- Reliable Energy
- Secure Data Storage

For Europe, Amsterdam is becoming a Fast evolving data center location.

The reasons for Amsterdam being so popular is
- High Connectivity
- Reliable Energy
- Secure Data Storage

While posting random stuff, and seeing your sig spammed around everywhere, i thought i would click on your website link...

i found straight away 1 error, and then closed the screen, under your EU servers, you have a UK flag.. maybe change it for an EU flag! ?

People say things they consider important. One probably has had hard time to come up it something meaningful :)

But let's stay on the topic. True, Amsterdam is a good location to host data. It has a very developed Internet exchange and you can peer with many companies there. However the TCO for any company that collocates in Amsterdam data centers. One can get "Reliable Energy" and "Secure Data Storage "(whatever these mean) in any other Tier 3 or Tier 4 data center in Europe... if we presume that we are having discussion about European data centers. London for example might be more expensive, but it even better if a company wants to use it to serve both North American and European customers from a single location.

While posting random stuff, and seeing your sig spammed around everywhere, i thought i would click on your website link...

i found straight away 1 error, and then closed the screen, under your EU servers, you have a UK flag.. maybe change it for an EU flag! ?

What does his website have to do with data centers in Amsterdam? Or his signature?

To the topic, data centers in general require huge investments, and thus extreme attention to detail - and I can't think of many that aren't suitable locations to host your data.

Datacenter location really matter now by days as we get the IP of that location. Customers really need to think about their business or website and visitors they are willing to target.
For ex: You wish to target UK client's then it is good to host in UK datacenters.

This matters in case of SEO point of view. Local Hosting providers are advantage for clients who wish to target local people.

Datacenter location really matter now by days as we get the IP of that location. Customers really need to think about their business or website and visitors they are willing to target.
For ex: You wish to target UK client's then it is good to host in UK datacenters.

This matters in case of SEO point of view. Local Hosting providers are advantage for clients who wish to target local people.

Local providers are always great, but doesn't mean that the performance is that amazing. IPs can always we swipped to show a different location on geo tools as well.

If we are considering a wider discussion on DC location, surely the location of the client, the network availability and/or connectivity you can have from the DC to the preferred location and the audience in which the co-located hardware has to reach and its purpose.

I have heard great things about the credentials of the european DCs available in terms of innovative design and power usage!

I have heard great things about the credentials of the european DCs available in terms of innovative design and power usage!

I am not sure about the innovative design. And I am not sure what you mean about power usage either :) But if you mean power usage for cooling, then yes. There is a trend of building / moving data centers to Northern European countries I believe. They will save cost of cooling there.

Europe will always be better location since is naturally cold and like skylarm says performance is not better on ur own location,might be cheaper but not better at most times.

Hope you can name some good Amsterdam hosts here

I totally agree with this issue there's something about Amsterdam which is a very Neutral place and actually cover your activity in central europe, we can see growing of demend for VPS in the Netherlands

The advantage of Amsterdam is the underwater cable through the atlantic thus better USA / EU connectivity.
That is why Amsterdam is preffered over Frankfurt or other in-land locations.

We have our servers at Amsterdam and are very happy with the outcome, that resulted in a growing number of clients. So, Thumbs up for Amsterdam, the hosting and cycling mecca : )

I've personally always preferred London or Frankfurt... maybe due to propensity for "offshore" content that gets focused in Amsterdam. Not that it isn't an extremely viable location for a POP. :)