an english version of Theplanet

123gohost

this is really for european and UK based people. i contacted theplanet today and asked if they had any datacenters based in the uk and they said no. so i asked if they would sponsor me and their live reap said that would be a great idea please found below our conversation. and for those who do live in the UK and Europe please post your comments and would it benifit you, like if an english person wanted to tour theplanet it would cost £3880 for a plane ticket to Dallas just imaging if that was colocation. so please i would like to hear your views, and there is also a poll you could vote.

Douglas Jackson : hello
Joe : hello
Joe : I was wondering if theplanet have any datacenters based in England
Douglas Jackson : I am sorry but we do not
Joe : I was wondering if it was possible to get sponsored by theplanet to start one up over in England so like have a uk theplanet
Douglas Jackson : It is an interesting idea, but I am not sure strategically when we would want to make this move
Douglas Jackson : If you would like to email us at serversales@theplanet.com I would be happy to have it forwarded to the proper management.
Joe : as if people did want to tour theplanet from England the would have to spend loads of money just to visit the usa one while if they are in England then they can just pay for a train ticket if you see what I mean
Joe : just*
Douglas Jackson : I understand...It would be able to do a lot for ping times as well
Joe : but the reason why I say this is when English people from England want collocation it would be right on their doorsteps while at the moment it is based in the us
Joe : and it would also benefit the EU (Europe) as some countries such as France are close to the UK
Douglas Jackson : you are correct
Douglas Jackson : If I were you I would put all of your valid points into an email
Douglas Jackson : address it too management here and we will be able to pass it on and be able to respond to you
Joe : ok I have copied our conversation down and I will include some of my facts.
Joe: which email would you like me to send it to the one listed above?
Douglas Jackson: That will be fine
Douglas Jackson: Yes please to the email I have listed
Joe: so in your opinion what do you think of my idea?
Joe: and do you think it will benefit people
Douglas Jackson: I think it will, and that it could be a very good idea

Please post your thoughts on this

I believe that building a datcenter in the UK would indeed be a good idea. I have been a customer of ThePlanet for almost a year and i believe they have good service. With a datacenter of theirs in the Uk we could better service our Uk customers.

With having servers scattered across the world you could increase network speed to all your customers. I have many customers from the UK that ask if we have any servers in the Uk area or somewhere in Europe. Just for the purpose that the network speed would be alot faster from somewhere close than all the way from the US.

Great idea 123gohost.

I think that for the most part it will depend on their strategic goals. As Douglas said, "I am not sure strategically when we would want to make this move". I am sure they must have considered it, and if they are to move in to UK market, I am pretty sure they have the financial muscle to do it on their own.

Obviously it is a good idea, but there are tons of things like resources, time, quality, scope, etc etc to consider and plan before starting a data centre in UK. They have to hire persons in UK to work for them as well.

Trust me I was not everlooking the fact that it would take an enormous amount of planning and work. Building any datacenter is a one hell of a task in itself. Especially to build one in a foriegn country.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
netcrohosting