Analyzing website's URLs in bulk

Artashes

Administrator
Staff member
Is there an efficient way to analyze a large number of URLs (in a CSV format, for example) and identify which of the URLs drive the most traffic to the source these URLs belong to?

Are the URLs yours? If so, Google Analytics or Looker Studio are going to be potential options. There's also the Search Console API (which I've not used) which I believe you can use Python to create a batch script and bang it against the system.

If they're your URLs you can use something like screamingfrog.co.uk (paid version) to sync Google Analytics and Search Console, and then query either the entire site or segments of it. You can set date ranges for where you want to extract the data and it will do a pretty good job.

If the URLs are not yours, then you're in to looking at things like ahrefs, semrush, moz and their tools for scanning a site and making estimates.

Thank you for contributing the answer, in spite of me not even specifying whether the URLs are for my domain or not. I am running an SEO exercise for self-education by evaluating competitor's traffic. No free software gives such expanded data, UberSuggest limits that info to 10 URLs, so I knew I'd be looking at Ahrefs or SEMRush. Price aside, in your opinion, which one of these two can analyze URLs in bulk (hundreds of them) with more accuracy?

For me, I use Ahrefs (almost on an hourly basis).

Ubersuggest's data can be very far off from reality (just hunt some youtube views that run comparisons and you'll see what I mean). Enter a keyword at ubersuggest and do the same at ahrefs and the proposed traffic and difficulty are often miles apart.

Every system has their own data, but my personal choice is ahrefs. While nobody can say 100% this is the traffic, if you use a single tool and extrapolate the data using only that tool, then you're dealing with apples to apples.

Ahrefs's $200/month plan and higher have a batch analysis tool. It is limited to a maximum of 200 URLs per run (unless you're on an Enterprise plan ($999/month) and use the direct API access to their software.