Android or iPhone?

Taylor-e2

With the new Nexus One (http://www.google.com/phone) that launched only a few weeks ago, the android community is already calling it an iPhone killer. What do you guys think?

I currently own a HTC Dream (G1) although I will be purchasing the Nexus One (N1) sometime this week.

Do you guys think the N1 is a iPhone killer?

Where is Palm Pre???

N1 is just another Android-based device. Nothing spectacular, except for reported processor speed.

Im in love with my iPhone s obvious choice :devil: currently on the 3GS and awaiting what looks to be an interesting new version :)

Iphone is better in many ways. The style, graphics, overall appeal. I hope apple goes onto Verizon soon with an iphone lite edition that I keep hearing about so I can buy one. The android market is going to be huge in 5 years I think though.

140,000 applications will be hard for any company to overtake. Now with the iPad to further that, even an open source Google supplied OS and phone won't help.

Mark

140,000 applications will be hard for any company to overtake. Now with the iPad to further that, even an open source Google supplied OS and phone won't help.

Mark

I'm not too sure, there has been A LOT of reports within the Android community of iPhone owners switching to Nexus One as well as Apple's own CEO, Woz.

The poor Nexus one seems so unloved. Poor thing. Not surprising really though, when putting it up against something like an iPhone, which kind of has it all.

I currently own a HTC Dream (G1) although I will be purchasing the Nexus One (N1) sometime this week.
I also own the Dream, it's not a bad phone other than the fact that I cannot upgrade the firmware beyond Android 1.5. I will also be getting the Nexus One, or perhaps a Sony Xperia X10, which also has the 1Ghz processor but also includes a 8MP camera and up to date Android firmware.

I do think Android is quickly catching up to the iPhone, not sure if it will "kill" it or not (doubt it, Apple does have quite a following).

I also own the Dream, it's not a bad phone other than the fact that I cannot upgrade the firmware beyond Android 1.5. I will also be getting the Nexus One, or perhaps a Sony Xperia X10, which also has the 1Ghz processor but also includes a 8MP camera and up to date Android firmware.

I do think Android is quickly catching up to the iPhone, not sure if it will "kill" it or not (doubt it, Apple does have quite a following).

That's odd, I'm running Android 1.6 on my Dream although I have mine rooted with CyanogenMod. My Dream dies within hours which is the main reason for upgrading my phone.

iPhone's been a great phone to me. It caters everything I need in a phone. I'm inlove with it. Lol. :D

I love my iPhone, very slick and easy to use. I've tried it jailbroken and not jailbroken. I prefer the vanilla OS and all of the regular out-of-the-box features.

The only thing I hope they implement in the iPhone is multi-tasking support, which may be likely with all this iPad buzz going around! ;)

I am using Nexus now, Android is more solid and faster. But Iphone safari can not be beaten yet. If you are moving from Iphone to Nexus, like I did, you should miss the sense of safari.

I'm surprised to hear that honestly. Safari is ok on the iPhone but on the PC I thoroughly hate it! I haven't looked-is Opera available for the iPhone, or any other browser for that matter?

I personally think iPhone is ahead of the game at the moment. They've been doing it for awhile and its got almost 150,000 apps. Even though like 50,000 are useless apps :p

The past HTC phones I have used I always had issues with :S

I'm still voting on the iPhone, I have had a lot of smart phone handsets over the years and this is the 1st I have had that actually works and does not make my blood boil using it. Keep up the good work apple!

Android, I've had an iphone before personally. and after switching into android its like move from windows to linux really.

much more possibilities, more open environment and yes much better user interface, smarter, and allowing you faster find what you need anytime.

my 2 cents :)