Another for the wall of shame

agentblack

Typically we don't share client data, however, to provide protection to other hosts, we are making an exception.

If you need further information, please contact me directly.

Assuming you had someone cause some network messes (e.g. spamming)?

Should have a section here for people that are "actual" hosts to share clients that might damage other hosts (assuming something like this happened).

Assuming you had someone cause some network messes (e.g. spamming)?

Should have a section here for people that are "actual" hosts to share clients that might damage other hosts (assuming something like this happened).

this would hit sticky ground as in the UK we have the Data Protection Act, which would prevent things like this

Do you tell your customers that you might share their data with whoever say that they are another provider?

Is it in your TOS or any other document that you require the customer to read and accept before signing up for services with you?

this would hit sticky ground as in the UK we have the Data Protection Act, which would prevent things like this

Yeah I forgot about that as I posted it, I didn't forget about you guys :)

FraudRecord

Look in to it. It kinda helps. But only way to prevent abuse is to ask for a credit card and other identification.

Yeah I agree, we do a lot of identification requests but usually our clients don't mind.

What is this about? If a customer has violated any provider's TOS or didn't fulfill one's obligation by contract, this is a private matter. It is not something you'd go discuss publicly. You;d better don't share anything about your customers with any 3rd parties.

Where they post publicly the personal information of their clients who have overdue invoices.[/QUOTE]

Oh no, that can be a great issue. I never heard of that happening but will be checking out the link to see.