AntiSpam Software

clauuudiu

Lately i've been using SpamAssassin and SpamExperts.
Personally i found SpamExperts to be better.
What are you guys using?

Ouch - €5 per domain, or at today's USD exchange rate is $6.56 per domain per month!!

For us, we'd be in the 5,000 domain block would cost €750/month (or $983/month).

Not likely that I'll be signing up on this. I know that we had discussed using ASSP also, but due to the amount of servers that we're running, the cost would have been outrageous.

Not likely that I'll be signing up. I did see a few people talk about this on the cPanel forums with some pretty good reviews - but again, the biggest concern from everyone is the fees being charged. For those prices, I can run everything through Barracuda and spend $2500 on their filter machines, or just $80/month leased.

I use google apps for email so I use their spam filter.
My isp uses redcondor but I have been told they are going to switch to something called linux magic. I have no idea how well linux magic works.

We have been using MailFoundry for the past 5 years or so. Has been working pretty well (much much better than spamassassin). It's a lower cost, and arguably better alternative to something like Barracuda.

Yeah I use a Barracuda anti-spam/virus appliance to block all spam. For other email I use Gmail/Google Apps, their spam filter is good and its nice because you can access the spam folder easy from the web interface or IMAP folder.

It doesnt matter what type of spam software you choose as long as you know how to check whether the email is spam or not. Does this make sense?

It doesnt matter what type of spam software you choose as long as you know how to check whether the email is spam or not. Does this make sense?

why would you need to check if an email is spam or not as if you have spam software installed and configured correctly then spam email will not even get through to your inbox.

why would you need to check if an email is spam or not as if you have spam software installed and configured correctly then spam email will not even get through to your inbox.

Spam filters are 100%. There will always be legit emails going to spam / junk folders and occasionally spam emails getting through.

We use google apps for our email, and have never had any problems in the 3 years we have been with them.

I might add I have never had any real mail going into spam, and likewise for spam going to my inbox. At $5 per month/$50 per year per user though, It is not practical for a shared host. Great for companies and organizations!

+1 for Google Apps. We use Google Apps for our emails. And that's what we have been recommending our clients as well. So I do see a lot of our clients using that as well.

Now that it is paid though, people are looking for alternatives.

For those relying on our servers though, SpamAssassin does the job well enough.