Any good dedicated server can he suggest ?

When you are seeking for the dedicated server you need to think over that. I mean that you need to fins out the configuration of the server you need and how much you can spend on it.

I have a few questions to you before I can make a recommendation. What is your budget? Do you need managed servers? Do you need to be able to call the company at 2 AM?

If you have a lot of requirements and don't mind paying the premium, I would recommend Singlehop. I haven't personally used it, I have a friend who raves about it on and on. I think at Singlehop they help you manage your server as well as traditional datacenter work.

If you just want a budget box (beware that they use desktop CPUs), Joe's Datacenter is by far the best budget provider I've used. Joe's has gone down once for me, and they've emailed me in advance for their 15 minute downtime.

But, please, get back to us with details as I really love talking about data centers!

Take a look at softlayer.com, they offer great service!

Ick. No way. Steer clear of SoftLayer.

I've had way too many problems with them. They're completely arrogant whenever I had to deal with them, and frequently had the attitude that it was a privilege to be their customer - very snobbish and the customer service was just severely lacking. Additionally, their phone support techs would always sound like they hated their job, and if an issue ever got so serious that it had to be escalated to the NOC, it would take them 48-72 hours to respond (and that's after I had to call in and remind them).

They also started charging us $3.00 per ticket whenever we answered a ticket asking too many questions they didn't feel like answering - it was billed as "server administration" charges, but they weren't even logging in! Total rip-off, and I have an open BBB complaint against them.

Erm... I do feel that BurstNET is good to a point. Also, try Voxel.net. You won't go wrong there.

The prices are quite high but for the quality of service you get, that's what you will see which is different from them and other providers.

Hello all,

Does any buddy have good exp. in any hosting company offer dedicated server ?

As you are looking for a Dedicated server I would suggest you to opt for a Fully Managed Dedicated server. Fully Managed server means the hosting provider manages the Dedicated server for you. The hosting provider takes care of all the Technical issues which occur with the server. He also updates the OS patches, security patches and takes care of all the security issues of your server. If you have any issues with your server, you just need to contact your hosting provider and his support staff will take care of the issue from there onwards. Managing a Dedicated server might become a tedious job if you are a non-technical person and people prefer to choose a Fully Managed Dedicated server as compared to Unmanaged one, so that they can concentrate on their Business and let the hosting provider manage the server.

Could you please provide the exact requirements that you are looking for ? Dedicated server: Single core, Dual core, Quad core or more, Bandwidth required, Space, Managed, Un-managed etc..
I am sure that you will get good suggestions..

What is your budget and location specifications?
Do you need a manged of unmanaged solution?

Hetzner has been doing good for many at nice prices.

I would have to recommend either VolumeDrive or ColoStore. These providers have both been great and we've been with them for at least six months.

I know there dedicated servers are well priced, and the network is definitely superior. We do colocation with both providers.

I would have to recommend either VolumeDrive or ColoStore. These providers have both been great and we've been with them for at least six months.

I am not sure if you are following the developments, but VolumeDrive has been under a barrage of criticism for their inability to respond to customers. According to some members posting on various boards, even in cases when they wanted to pay for the service (with their subscription about to run out), they haven't heard back from the company in over a week. Long delays on sign-up and missing after-sales support is what you can expect from a company today. Perhaps it changes in the future, but at the time of this post, the situation is very grim.

Agreed , stay clear of softlayer. We almost went out of business because of them. Long story ...., but they are bad for the small companies. Does not care much about them.

MOD NOTE: Edited for self-promotional content.

Last edited: