Any images of home dc?

I know of people with images of 'small' datacenters. Home data centers seem like a very bad idea to me. :idea:

There was a kid I remember an old post at WHT and he was showing off his Home DC. I think this was like 2 years ago though. He got slammed pretty hard by the hosting companies.

There was a kid I remember an old post at WHT and he was showing off his Home DC. I think this was like 2 years ago though. He got slammed pretty hard by the hosting companies.

Doesn't suprise me :)
There are definatly many kid providers running a Home DC; hope they pay the electricity bill for there parents :)

Senad said:
If I remember it well he was showing it off on another board, but someone found that thread funny and started a discussion on WHT. Pretty amazing what some kids can do though, considering their age. :)

ldcdc said:
If I remember it well he was showing it off on another board, but someone found that thread funny and started a discussion on WHT. Pretty amazing what some kids can do though, considering their age. :)

Heh yes it was pretty interesting (although he should have had his wires running on the celing instead of his feet :D.

Datacenter seems to direclty imply that it is in a center or building, not in a home. However, I too would be interested in seeing something like this. I would never recommend anyone choosing a host who utilizes a home datacenter though, very very bad idea.

Datacenters require exceptional security and power backups, which most homes will not and should not consider having, because it is unnecessary for most homes. If you are considering building a home datacenter, please reconsider, as this will simply provide more problems for you.

Hope this helps.