Any thoughts on these hosts

cjay175

Hey all,

I was just wondering if anyone has had experience with any of these host, or could reccommend one.

Sharkspace.com
Beastserv.com
Umbrahosting.com

My req. are around 10-20GB space and bandwidth about 200GB at least.
I have10G right now and expect to go to 100 in about 3 months.

I am thinking a host that has an optional semi/dedicated server to switch over if i happent o get too much traffic.

Currently I am leaning towards Umbrahosting, but has anyone heard anything about Beastserv (I think they are brand new).

Thanks

Does that mean they are sketchy?... It seems Umbrahosting has got a lot of reviews all over the place and lots of people like them.

Are there any hosts someone would recommend for 10GB space and 100-200GB B/W.

I have never heard of those hosts so I can not help you decide. But, as you said make sure the host can afford to give you a VPS once your shared/reseller package can't hold you anymore.

I would go for a VPS or reseller plan and then upgrade when the times comes. As for those web hosts I haven't heard of them either but I would go with the one that had reviews in my opinion. You will have some idea of how there services are. Best of luck!

thanks for the advice. I have ask each host all the questions i had - do you allow php.inf, cron, .htacceess? if use this much bandwidth which service should i get? etc. - Beastserv has still to answer me, being about day and half later.

Dont know if this should be in a new thread, but my current host is blacklisted i think at yahoo, aol, msn, live, and emails from others go to junk mail folder email, so i cant send any emails through there server to yahoo.

Is this a common issue, i figure it's more an issue with yahoo throtteling their incoming emails too much?

Does anyone else have this issue with their host, with not being able to send to yahoo, aol, or emails being sent to junk mail folder in gmail and others?

If it is taking more then a day and half to answer a simple question I would be questioning there support system. If your current host got blacklisted that's not good at all. They must of done spamming for something of that nature. I see why you are trying to find another web host. Best of luck!

Blacklisting happens from time to time and often not the fault of most of the users on the server, usually just one idiot out there who ruins it for everyone. Your host however should be receiving reports, responding to them and acting upon them. Your host is the only one who can get the server unblocked by contacting the various ISPs and explaining the situation and the remmedy. Hopefully your host is at least doing that for you.

Thanks for the feedback, I am going with umbrahosting as they seem pretty competent and have done the most to answer my questions. I just hate the idea of having to switch host a lot, this is my first time and I hope last. =)... I will let you guys know how they are.

Does that mean they are sketchy?... It seems Umbrahosting has got a lot of reviews all over the place and lots of people like them.

Are there any hosts someone would recommend for 10GB space and 100-200GB B/W.

I have done a business deal with umbrahosting. They signed the contract and paid with no issues. He even ran to the 5th 3rd and made a cash deposit. I have no complaints from the business side. They seemed nice enough.

just wanted to note , beastserv.com is a new brand name , but the business was founded back in 2004.

we are here to stay !

have a wonderfull day @ all members

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback, I am going with umbrahosting as they seem pretty competent and have done the most to answer my questions. I just hate the idea of having to switch host a lot, this is my first time and I hope last. =)... I will let you guys know how they are.
The best to you at umbrahosting. :) Looking forward to your reviews.

I have heard of Sharkspace.com before, but I really don't know very much about them, or how well they operate. The other 2 companies are new to me, so I haven't the foggiest about them, in even the most basic of ways.

These companies are new and a currently growing.
They don't have the exposure of some of the larger companies out there but they can be neat.

What do you mean by "new"? What is the criteria?

Looks to me like only one of these hosts was registered more recently than 3 years ago.

Domain Name: SHARKSPACE.COM
Registrar: ENOM, INC.
Whois Server: whois.enom.com
Referral URL: http://www.enom.com
Name Server: NS1.SHARKSPACE.COM
Name Server: NS2.SHARKSPACE.COM
Updated Date: 13-feb-2009
Creation Date: 01-apr-2006
Expiration Date: 01-apr-2012

Domain Name: BEASTSERV.COM
Registrar: GODADDY.COM, INC.
Whois Server: whois.godaddy.com