Anyone accept checks/money orders?

We'll accept checks from local clients. This tends to be more from design/hosting packages. For online sales, however, just Paypal or any major credit card. Never had an issue taking a check from a local business. We typically don't release the files until the check clears.

I accept checks from local customers. I think small things like this help set you apart from the competition.

Checks - no. We accept bank transfers from local businesses, it is the normal way to pay usually. Nobody here uses checks, i don't even know what a check looks like.

We have clients that signed up with us in the 90's that still send us checks on a regular basis. Most people these days prefer to pay with PayPal and Credit Card, however some corporations still prefer checks. As such, we still accept checks as a form of payment for services.

In the UK cheques are being phased out. currently you can no longer use cheques in high street stores. Banks are also replacing cheques with debit cards. so we dont accept cheques or any offline payment methods at the momernt

We accept checks, but only from clients who have an established history with us to minimize fraud. I prefer checks since there are no processing fees, and it usually clears the next day which is quicker than ACH. On the other hand, it requires a bit more work since the payments have to be tracked manually and the checks have to be dropped off at the bank.

We accept checks if they are drawn on a US bank and they are issued from an established client. We also call to verify the funds availability prior to deposit.

For new orders, we reserve the right to withhold services for up to 21 days to allow the check to clear processing. Most clients understand this and don't have an issue with it. The one's that usually do, are the ones that are attempting to commit fraud.

Accepting checks and money orders from local customers who are living either in our city or other states in your country can still be one step towards keeping even the minority of shoppers satisfied who are still using conventional methods of sending money for the purchases they make. Even some of the very big hosting companies still accept checks, even from their customers who live abroad.

Usually, you should explain on your website that those orders which are placed and are to get processed through checks will almost always experience some delays because they have to be cached. In most cases, the hosting companies would demand full year payments and not monthly payments when they offer checks.

In most cases, the hosting companies would demand full year payments and not monthly payments when they offer checks.

It is better if you are accepting cheques to have these for annual payments only, mainly due to business bank charges. I know in the UK our bank charges us 67p per cheque deposited, so if 10 clients paid by cheque we would end up with bank fees of £6.70 just for the cheques.

The charges are too high and it's too much of a hassle. As said local clients with large purchases are ok but nothing other than that.

Call me old fashion , but we still accept managers cheques (locals) and bank draft(foreign).As many business still want to pay by cheques as compared to wire transfer or credit cards. Stating for security reasons as credit card info can be stolen and wire transfer can be hassle at times. So it is always best to accommodate our customer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
netcrohosting