Anyone Else Wish WHMCS Live Chat Was Cross Platform?

FRCorey

I've posted a suggestion to them that the desktop tray app should be ported to Java so it could be used on LInux and OS X. I find it annoying nowadays that they think that employees would be using Windows if they ran a Linux hosting business. Not so say that other companies do not do this, but I bet the Linux usage is higher for Linux based hosting companies.

I've posted a suggestion to them that the desktop tray app should be ported to Java so it could be used on LInux and OS X. I find it annoying nowadays that they think that employees would be using Windows if they ran a Linux hosting business. Not so say that other companies do not do this, but I bet the Linux usage is higher for Linux based hosting companies.

True enough, but i never really liked that chat software anyway. Not very robust.

Personally Even moving to Java is now a step backwards for an application that can be fully online based where it belongs with JavaScript GUI/interactive elements and notifications... it is in essence how kayako have their setup as their desktop app I must admit on last use, is somewhat of a glorified web browser.

Many companies such as LogMeIn /remote rescue are based solely online with browser plug-ins much like for instance the latest battlefields match making/facebookesk services.

Certainly seems that there is a growing trend to put everthing "in the cloud" now that its more common (salesforce another example) :)

Last edited:
It would be a great update if those two systems could be inter meshed. I know not everyone likes livechat. It does have a long way to go in my opinion. It seems to me that some basic features that you would completely expect to be there just aren't. But, I do think that it is one of the better products. It will always be an evolution and as industry professionals it is good to do what FRCorey does and let the company know what the users need.

I've come to love Adobe Air. If all of these applications that are so limited as far as platform goes would switch to Air, the world would be such a better place.

I think personally they should create a flash app so that it would definelty be cross compatible like Zopim's interface is flash

I've come to love Adobe Air. If all of these applications that are so limited as far as platform goes would switch to Air, the world would be such a better place.

Even though i'm not a big fan of adobe the adobe air software is just Genius!

To be honest, they should get rid.

It is utter ****! It use to close chats, and randomly whilst in a chat the user or our messages stopped getting to each other.

The desktop app stinks, so does the template for the user.

There is so many better free options than that crap! It is way too buggy and cost me sales.