Anyone have opinions about ClientExec Software

nebraska

The company that I buy my reseller hosting from includes the ClientExec Software free for the level of account that I have. At this point I'm in need of something to help me manage things.

I was wondering if anyone has experience with this package and if it's worth the time to start using. Also, if not, what would be a good choice for a different commercial product to use.

I'm mainly concerned with new account management and getting the information to them as simple as possible. Hopefully reducing the amount of time spent walking them through the dns, and cpanel login process.

I love ClientExec. I use it for my business, the license is very decently priced, it's a clean interface, and my clients like it as well.

ModernBill is a bit over the top with features if you ask me, and WHM Autopilot is better for dedicated server ordering.

Reseller Zoom Includes the license with the premium package I subscribe to. I just have no dealings with it, so I didn't want to get involved with using something that I would find I didn't like down the road. The number of accounts is growing, so i need to start using something soon.

Thanks for the opinion. I suppose I will give it a try.

NCHChris said:
and WHM Autopilot is better for dedicated server ordering.

Have you taken a look at WHMAutoPilot v3? I have a funny feeling your post is applying to V2 of WHMAP ;)

In terms of Clientexec, it's a nice system and will do what you want. Personally though, I don't like it - it doens't work nicely with multiple windows/tabs open at the same time (keeps jumping client accounts) whereas both MBv5 and Ubersmith handle that without any problems. If you only ever need to work with a single client at once, there aren't really many other real problems with it that can't be solved with some hacks and patches from their forums.

I haven't really had a chance to play with V3 too much. Hopefully they have improved the support system in Autopilot, that's one of the other things I didn't really like.

I also don't like being forced to theme AutoPilot. My website pretty much fits the clientexec default theme as it is.

I do not like Clientexec that much at all. We purchased a small hosting company that used this software and it was horrible for us.

We tried Modernbill also and did not like it either.

We struck gold when we got our hands on WHMCS. I believe that for us this is the best solution on the market.

We are using Clientexec, they seem to work fine... Wished they had a few more options or a more defined way of editing fields.

We also used whoiscart.net, if anyone is on a budget i would suggest that cart.

I have heard good things about ClientExec, I think its all based on personal preference when it comes down to it.

We tried WHMCS just as WickedShark did, and couldn't have been more pleased.

Clientexec is a pretty nice panel. We started offering it free to our reseller customers when we found how much of the industry is begining to use it, mainly due to alot of the problems modernbill is facing with there billing software.

Trexhost said:
mainly due to alot of the problems modernbill is facing with there billing software.

Well we haven't really tried Modern bill, but i have seen in forums lot of people complain abt their configuration process as it involves lot of complex procedures, is that true..?

and abt clientexec, some says is the best and full of features but my personal view is that WHM auto pilot is very much user-friendly and does a nice smooth job

Last edited:
I have used clientexec, and its alright but nothing compared to other billing panels such as WHMCS or Modern Bill..

Since you are getting it for free, then why not use it? Your not losing anything by using it? lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sus123