ApacheBooster - Good Or Bad ?

Hi,

Currently we are using lightspeed on our production nodes and cpnginx on small nodes, but was wondering if using ApacheBooster on Production nodes are safe ? Does anyone used it ? If yes then how was the experience with it, performance , loading times, server loads ?

Willing to have really professional answers.

Regards
Bharat

Hi,

Currently we are using lightspeed on our production nodes and cpnginx on small nodes, but was wondering if using ApacheBooster on Production nodes are safe ? Does anyone used it ? If yes then how was the experience with it, performance , loading times, server loads ?

Willing to have really professional answers.

Regards
Bharat

http://applications.cpanel.net/apachebooster-4/

According to that link its a combination of nginx and varnish. I wouldn't recommend using it because reading through the comments more than 50% of the users are reporting errors and even loss of data in some cases. I wouldn't risk it.

http://applications.cpanel.net/apachebooster-4/

According to that link its a combination of nginx and varnish. I wouldn't recommend using it because reading through the comments more than 50% of the users are reporting errors and even loss of data in some cases. I wouldn't risk it.

So what you prefer using then ? We have used cpnginx but don't see performance increase in anyway. All nodes are 32GB RAM, E3-1270, 1GBPS, Cloudlinux but loads drive us crazy sometimes.

So what you prefer using then ? We have used cpnginx but don't see performance increase in anyway. All nodes are 32GB RAM, E3-1270, 1GBPS, Cloudlinux but loads drive us crazy sometimes.

You're having performance issues on a node like that? Are you sure there isn't some abuse going on on the node?

I wouldn't recommend it. You may want to check and make sure no one is overloading apache. We do have customers you use Eaccelerator and that works well as well.

I wouldn't recommend it. You may want to check and make sure no one is overloading apache. We do have customers you use Eaccelerator and that works well as well.

For now i have setup LightSpeed along with Xcache on testing server. Results really appreciable, everything is fast and responsive.

I have never even heard of it. I am glad to see Lightspeed is working for you. Oh and my host uses Varnish which seems to work. It did have some issues at first with IPB but those were worked out.

Ok i have now tested ApacheBooster on another node, i must say it is working very well. Performance is doing great, although Varnish got some issues with forums as their stats gone crazy. 0 guest in 24 hrs so i guess it's quite related to Proxy thing.

I install apachebooster on our Centos 6.x server and had no end of problems. Not sure if it was the config, but from what I have read it still has issues..

Alright, its been 15 days using ApacheBooster on test node.

Advantages:

1. Loads dramatically gone down.
2. It's a 1Gbps testing node so i tried to apply a minimal ddos attack with 5000 connections, which caused a bit increase in server load but the websites wasn't effected at all.
3. Website loading time is decreased, loading faster.

Issues while using ApacheBooster:

1. cPanel FTP stopped working.
2. Varnish timeout errors.
3. Forums like vBulletin, IPB, etc can't see online users as due to proxy.
4. Visitors will have same IP as Servers main IP no matter if you using mod_rpaf.
5. Additing new IP's won't work automatically as it doesn't rebuild itself.

Just be careful about ApacheBooster, I heard there are multiple security holes and it's been very poorly designed. But that's just from hearsay.

Just be careful about ApacheBooster, I heard there are multiple security holes and it's been very poorly designed. But that's just from hearsay.

Well, in my view its not perfect but making it perfect is real challenge. I can assure if you are done with all settings and everything, you'll see a real performance increase. It will blow your mind.

Well, in my view its not perfect but making it perfect is real challenge. I can assure if you are done with all settings and everything, you'll see a real performance increase. It will blow your mind.

I can't remember where I read it, but I read that the developer copied the Varnish script from Unixy, to the point where the Unixy branding was still on it.

20 Days Experience By ApacheBooster.

1. Only use if you are expert. Not recommended for Production Use.
2. Varnish creates alots of errors in forum boards.
3. Sites like simple PHP or Wordpress works flawless.
4. Load drops down.

That's all with ApacheBooster. We hope to see some improvements in near future.

We tried it on one of our staging servers and had no end of problems.. Mainly due to varnish.

We tried it on one of our staging servers and had no end of problems.. Mainly due to varnish.

Basically, to keep it running smoothly and stable. Set the ports as mention'd.

Varnish (Port: 80) -> Apache (Port: 82).

We have tested few sites and its loading properly. I hope it helps.

Regards