Are Master Resellers Good?

-Root-

Hey guys i was wondering if i should start investing into the new product out there master reseller. It seems that it's ideal for the customers who have less knowledge of using a full server, but i had many people telling me its really bad for your server, and cause the servers to break down due to server load, or security risks. What do you guys think?

There was a lot of varying issues with this software when it first came out, a search on Google brings up some results. Having used this software for some time, can say its much improved and haven't experienced any issues for a while now. Clients have been using it with no issues.

I've used it and did not like it. IT has gotten better but I still won't go back to using it.

I have heard mix reviews. The company which design it is deasoft I think. Yup it is deasoft.com for more info. I haven't try them out yet but will in the future. The idea is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The idea is great, but IMO you should only go so far without knowing how to manage your server.

Hey guys i was wondering if i should start investing into the new product out there master reseller. It seems that it's ideal for the customers who have less knowledge of using a full server, but i had many people telling me its really bad for your server, and cause the servers to break down due to server load, or security risks. What do you guys think?

Master Resellers have major security risks, you are better going with a standard reseller account, but it you would like to also be able to offer reseller accounts you might want to look into a VPS server.

Personally speaking, I just view Master Resellers as another risk for a shared environment. It effectively adds another level of overselling and it's just another security risk. The idea behind it is good - to sometimes bridge that large gap between running a reseller operation and a dedicated server, but I think it's a small segment and one that doesn't warrant the risks. I think the availability of managed VPS servers have begun to render the tool obsolete.

Personally speaking, I just view Master Resellers as another risk for a shared environment. It effectively adds another level of overselling and it's just another security risk. The idea behind it is good - to sometimes bridge that large gap between running a reseller operation and a dedicated server, but I think it's a small segment and one that doesn't warrant the risks. I think the availability of managed VPS servers have begun to render the tool obsolete.
I agree that a managed VPS solution would be less risky.

A danger with master resellers is that you may be getting your account from a super master reseller, which gets his account from an alpha master reseller who's got it from an unlimited everything provider. Not a position you really want to be in. :)

Well, I personally think that Virtual Private Servers would be the way to go. I honestly do not hear much talk about master resellers anymore. They seem to be a thing of the past. Now you hear alot about hybrid servers being introduced. I also think master resellers require alot more monitoring and security - I think of them as like babysitting. If your a busy business man / woman that does alot of the security for your servers and monitoring you don't have time for it. You would have to hire someone to help you and thats not always in the cards. Best of luck to you.

A danger with master resellers is that you may be getting your account from a super master reseller, which gets his account from an alpha master reseller who's got it from an unlimited everything provider. Not a position you really want to be in. :)

Some providers do put their resellers on separate servers which helps solve that dilemma. As long as you put restrictions in place, you can run this setup without issues. Do have to admit, the software was not good a while back but things are much improved.

Offering your resellers to create unlimited resellers for example is a very bad idea and not something we personally do. This setup is best to get you started at a good affordable price, however if you manage a lot of resellers a dedicated server is highly advised.

Some providers do put their resellers on separate servers which helps solve that dilemma. As long as you put restrictions in place, you can run this setup without issues. Do have to admit, the software was not good a while back but things are much improved.
But end user will never know about that till he asks the question. That is not described in obvious on the web site of the web hosting provider

We have used the WHMReseller before I sold my hosting company last year. I don't like the software. I don't enjoy the slow support either. Shared & Reseller demands in my opinion are shrinking on a monthly bases because of the introduction of cheaper & better VPS's & dedicated servers. I would offer my customers a VPS with cPanel on it. Let them knock themselves out with the ability to sell reseller accounts.

I would not go through the security issue and a market shrinking though.

i think its just another way to have kidds fakeing hosting companys
i dont see a use for it

I never used it and heard many reviews. Im going to have to pass on this one. But i heard that it oversells sometimes. And i dont get it.

It all depends on how reliable and dependable your hosting provider is. Hosting providers with a strong business plan and a great team of server administrators can offer very reliable master reseller hosting packages.

Master resellers are great for beginners as it lets your host deal with all the server issues should they arise. With Master resellers you can sell resellers and shared, and if your clients need help it is important to have a host that can answer your questions and has good support. Prices for Master resellers vary but if you look around you can find good hosts that offer them at affordable prices.