Article directories

sherwood

I shared my dream of creating an article directory in another forum and they said that article directories are over saturated now. Is that true? Do you think there are already too many article directories published on the net ?

I also think that they are still an excellent marketing resource and they will be for a long time, but I wouldn't want to compete in this niche since there are already too many big dogs in the game.

Thanks Steve for supporting. I agree that it's a competitive niche and there are many big players like Ezine Articles there. But I notice that internet marketers tend to submit their articles to as many article directories as they can reach.

Although there are lots of directory services out there, you can make yours aswell, its not howmany out there its how many get customers, with the right advertising done and links, you can be more sucessful than one or more which was operating 5years before you started yours.

I shared my dream of creating an article directory in another forum and they said that article directories are over saturated now. Is that true? Do you think there are already too many article directories published on the net ?

What are your thoughts on what is going on at EzineArticles with regard to Google's newest algorithm changes, and how do you think that will affect your project?

Considering Google just put a serious 'hurting' on the SERPs for many of the popular article sites I'm not sure it's a good idea? At least this is what I've heard through the latest Google Update (Farmer?)...

Good to plan about new article directory. But remember that there is a big competition and you will need to wait for many days.

We've seen a big impact on some of our SEO Clients as they specfically went after just the articles as that was the fastest way to boost rankings in the search engines. These days, they're now looking at blogs and getting their own original content. We have a number of article spinners that are used for the SEO clients that do not have the time to write their own articles.

It's been quite a fun couple of weeks with the new updates from Google, but overall it was a great move. It means that original content is getting indexed and used and the people that would abuse the article listings (such as having an article about outdoors and then linking "dog bowl" to a pet site) now don't get the link points that they would have received previously.

It's definitely changed up the game for SEO.