Best accounting software/method?

PlexiHosting

I know that the pat answer might come back as "QuickBooks" as that seems to be the popular choice in many industries, but I thought I'd ask what you all use for actual accounting software and/or methodology.

Yes, ClientExec and Modernbill do your accounting in a limited fashion, but they are more billing than accounting. I'm looking for how people do their profit/loss and balance sheets, and more actual accounting.

So, so you use QuickBooks? Peachtree? Excel spreadsheet? Just hire an accountant to do it for you?

I hire an accounts lady for the monthly stuff and an accountant to wrap things up at the end of each year for 3 very good reasons....

1. I hate paperwork and spending ?1000 a year to have it all done for me is great.

2. I hate paperwork and spending ?1000 a year to have it all done for me is great.

3. I hate paperwork and spending ?1000 a year to have it all done for me is great.

Hope this helps :)

Rob

I had a look at quickbooks but it's for US businesses only - I'm in London, United Kingdom !

But it looks good!

Rob

Yeah, that seems to be the way I'm leaning - Quickbooks. Seems to be the best choice overall. Thanks for the input, all.

Matrixx said:
Also Quickbooks does not work with Firefox :(
That's disappointing. However, personally I'd be using the installed app not the online version so I'm more disappointed on a matter of principle.