Best Adverting you have done?

Forum advertising is the best and the cheaper... I have some banners on hosting related sites but i think that advertising by my self is the best

The best advertising procedure would be the one involving placement of ads in front of the eyes of customers. Forums which are about your business can be among recommended spots to visit and post on because potential customers would be accessing the pages and clicking on the ads, visiting your homepage, reviewing the packages and even placing orders to purchase products from your website.

One of the reasons behind popularity of PPC programs, despite the costs associated with the solutions, is exactly because of the point just mentioned, telling people about services they already are contemplating buying. If you leave your comments on a blog about web hosting for example and your site too is about the same business, don't you think a lot of clicks would be made on your links?

This is a mistake to assume explosive advertising campaigns which involve running millions of impressions a month online and spending lots of cash aimlessly would pave the way to success. Sometimes, a single directory which is accessed by a small community of people who search the net to find products already available on your website could be all you need to succeed.

By far, the majority of business we receive is from referrals of existing clients, but next in line is standard SEO. We get more clicks and conversions through Oganic Search Engine Listings than we do with any other paid medium. Forums are great for exposure and definitely get a lot of clicks, but we get a higher conversion rate from Google Adwords.

So for us, in order, clicks to conversion are as follows:

1. Organic Listings
2. Word of Mouth
3. Google & Bing Adwords
4. Forums

While we get way more Forum Clicks, the conversion rate is not high. Just people clicking around to see what we're doing etc.

If we're talking about dedicated and VPS, then it's actually organic listings followed by forum posting, then Adwords and Word of Mouth. For Colo, outside sales, networking and word of mouth top all else, although I did land my largest account via livechat.

I just tested an idea with Adwords - used a £50 voucher (and £10 of my own money)

21 clicks, 9 sales, all £60 used - took about 4 hours (including the time to create the ad).

I just tested an idea with Adwords - used a £50 voucher (and £10 of my own money)

21 clicks, 9 sales, all £60 used - took about 4 hours (including the time to create the ad).

Now THAT is how you do targeted marketing! I'm sure your ROI is high enough that the £60 actually used in the campaign can be recovered in the first month, or two of service.

Sure sounds like whatever test scenario you did is definitely worth through £100 at next time and seeing how it goes. I'll take a near 50% conversion any day of the week!

That is an incredible conversion, othellotech! First thing I'd do after seeing such results is increase the budget 10x and watch the sales skyrocket. Do you continue to run the ad(s)? What stats are you seeing?

I'm curious if the ROI is there for the 60 invested.
There's a lot of lopsided money pits out there, as "advertising" methods.