Best Billing Program

I am familiar with the interface of WHMAP (Web Hosting Manager Auto Pilot). It seems to work well for me. WHMAP has the ability to automatically set up accounts and a very easy to learn interface.

I use WHMAP as well. It's a bit pricy, but it gets the job done, and done quite well. It has a few little things that you might need to work around, but version three (which is almost complete) should fix most of the bugs and will be free to existing owners - or so I hear.

Hello,

This is one of the things that has bugged me over the past few months and I have bought licences for everything.

ClientExec
ModernBill
WHMAP

Now out of thise three I keep coming back to ModernBill due to its functionality but I have to admit ModernBill interface is terrible and I do I like ClientExec just doesn't have all th features I would need and its interface is very nice and easy to understand.

I say this all comes back to your own personal preference.

If you're looking for a mix between the features of ModernBill and the ease of use of ClientExec, I'd definately take a look at LPanel :)

Without a doubt, hire a programmer from a third world country for 5-10$ an hour. Its setting me back about $40.00 USD for a custom tailored website in flash, php, and asp. Besides, who wants to pay 60$ an hour for a VB freelancer, who also works for 100,000$ a year at a University (read: i dont have a lot of money, just what ive saved from various work, and customized computer cases. Note: I'm a teenager. An intelligent, as well as certified one, but nonetheless, a teenager. No loans, and Ohio law does not allow for teenagers to work a lot. something like 10 hours per week.)

CServer Hosting said:
Without a doubt, hire a programmer from a third world country for 5-10$ an hour. Its setting me back about $40.00 USD for a custom tailored website in flash, php, and asp. Besides, who wants to pay 60$ an hour for a VB freelancer, who also works for 100,000$ a year at a University (read: i dont have a lot of money, just what ive saved from various work, and customized computer cases. Note: I'm a teenager. An intelligent, as well as certified one, but nonetheless, a teenager. No loans, and Ohio law does not allow for teenagers to work a lot. something like 10 hours per week.)
I have an odd feeling you'll soon notice the fact that your billing system was coded for $40...

I've been to Argentina with my family. $40 goes a LONG way there. it took 4 dollars to feed us for one day(read: steaks, some rice dish thing, and soda pop/beer) for 3 people. The food was excellent, and it was filling.

CServer Hosting said:
I've been to Argentina with my family. $40 goes a LONG way there. it took 4 dollars to feed us for one day(read: steaks, some rice dish thing, and soda pop/beer) for 3 people. The food was excellent, and it was filling.
Would you hire a programmer from the US who was willing to charge you for only ten days of his rent? At this point there are two outcomes I see, he'll either only work on it for 10 days, and then call it quits, leaving you with a half-finished script, or he'll... Wait no, that's the only outcome...

I use WHMAP as well. It's a bit pricy, but it gets the job done, and done quite well.

WHMAP is a nice app, but they are the ones who inspired us to write our own, mainly due to the fact that I know more about php than they do, not to mention server security. We just needed something fast, and writing one ourselves did not seem to be the fastest route (things are different now of course).

We contacted support at whmAP regarding the fact that they only use SMTP for sending out mail, rather than giving users an actual secure option.

What's sad is....we paid for an owned license, and they refuse to help us. We could fix it ourselves if the code wasn't encrypted, but it is...for their security.

We currently use ClientExec, which gets the job done. I chose ClientExec due to the fact that half the features in Modernbill and WHMAutopilot I would not end up using .

You, kid, are an uneducated ass. Who cares about how much money said programmer makes elsewhere - is his time not worth money? You don't know if he uses money from his side work to pay off debts or donate to charity.

My dad gets paid pretty well doing plumbing/pipe fitting. He also does side work. He is the only income for him, his wife, her two kids, and paying off past due debts because of his ex wife's medical bills, vehicle damages, and what have you. Add all that up and without his 70hr manual labor week he wouldn't be able to survive.

So enjoy living under your parents' wing, because when they lift it up and you're expected to fly don't run back to them. Go to a third world country. Your money will go a long ways there.

-John
The cynical bastard

Edit: Oh, got a little side tracked. We use MS Access, Excel, and a desk calander. Mark the days, print off the invoices from Excel's Invoice feature, and update the database. Kind of a pain in the neck but it works for us. It's easy, don't have to purchase any more software than what we already have, and just about anyone can do it.

CServer Hosting said:

Last edited:
I apologize. I hadn't eaten all day - just finished a pizza and some bagels off - and when I don't eat I get grumpy. I also was offended by the "3rd world" remark (Come on, that could've been phrased better) as my uncle married a very nice girl from a country with said "title". So, I felt strongly about it. And the fact that he was trying to justify his reasoning by the fact he's a teenager and can't work enough to earn enough money to hire out a real programmer - then maybe he needs to just be a teenager.

Sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings.

I apologize. I hadn't eaten all day - just finished a pizza and some bagels off - and when I don't eat I get grumpy.
You tell me about it! I get very hasty, my hands shake and I do tend to have an attitude when I don't eat for a while. :)

I also was offended by the "3rd world" remark
I actually live in a country that is very close to that remark. :) (Average income some $220/month, but that's because of a dollar downfall mainly, so most people don't actually feel the change from the $170 it was before.)

Last edited: