Best Dedicated Servers

sarao

Hi there,

I will be moving my website which being hosted on Godaddy to a dedicated server.

Any suggestions for an economic Dedicated hosting provider?

Knowing your requirements and it's overall purpose will better help use point you in the right direction, but here's a bone:
Configure a server at ThePlanet to fit your needs, chat with them to get a custom quote and as much discount as possible, then forward the quote over to SoftLayer and ask them to match it.. :)

There's many great options for dedicated, but I've had nothing but amazing experience with SL.

Configure a server at ThePlanet to fit your needs, chat with them to get a custom quote and as much discount as possible, then forward the quote over to SoftLayer and ask them to match it..
So what you propose is leveraging ThePlanet's time and resources preparing a custom quote to encourage better pricing from SoftLayer? I understand negotiating with different vendors to get the best deal, but never very much appreciated prospects asking for custom quotes, then sharing that to negotiate deals with my competitors. Thus, every custom quote I do has an NDA attached to it.

So what you propose is leveraging ThePlanet's time and resources preparing a custom quote to encourage better pricing from SoftLayer? I understand negotiating with different vendors to get the best deal, but never very much appreciated prospects asking for custom quotes, then sharing that to negotiate deals with my competitors. Thus, every custom quote I do has an NDA attached to it.

50% of the time they won't match it(but close), in which case I'd go with ThePlanet. Personally I'd do this with any provider.. Tell them my requirements, get a quote, and have sales tell me exactly why I should choose them over another. For multiple $500+ servers with either provider I'm sure they don't mind a few minutes to put something together for me, else they've never said so..

I don't think its that bad. If your a smart business man/woman you will either match or give another 5%-10% more off to get the client to go with you. That's part of business, customers are always looking for the cheapest and most reliable company.

There are many providers who can offer you dedicated server in quite reasonable prices, however you should careful to choose a reliable and stable hosting providers that has excellent technical support team.

I would suggest looking into colo a server somewhere close to you. It is much cheaper in the long run.

If you are worried about setup and hardening there are companies that will do it very cheap for you like platinum server management.

I would suggest looking into colo a server somewhere close to you. It is much cheaper in the long run.
What they were looking for was a dedicated server comparison to GoDaddy's services. Since we don't know their requirements (managed or unmanaged) or otherwise, it's tough to recommend a solution.