Best Host for Wordpress Blogs

Oscar

What hosting service do you feel would be the best for a Wordpress blog? Is there anything that one service has that another one doesn't, that would be beneficial for a blog?

What really matters is what features you are looking for in your blog host.

You could try blogger.com, since I think they are using Wordpress.

Other than them, I know that http://freeforums.org has recently started offering a blogging service as well.

There are any number of other ones, some of which will even allow you to place your own ads.

Blogger allows that I think, but not freeforums.org

There may be services out there that install and generally act as a webmaster for you, upgrading the software etc, if you're not comfortable with doing that yourself.

Hosting companies that manage their servers properly should be able to host a decent sized blog in their shared hosting environment. If your blog has heavy traffic (or traffic peaks) it may be a goog idea to go with a host specializing in hosting applications (forums, blogs etc).

What really matters is what features you are looking for in your blog host.

You could try blogger.com, since I think they are using Wordpress.

Other than them, I know that http://freeforums.org has recently started offering a blogging service as well.

There are any number of other ones, some of which will even allow you to place your own ads.

Blogger allows that I think, but not freeforums.org
Actually blogger is not using wordpress. ;)

Thanks a lot for the link, miKael. I don't know how I had not seen that before, but I'm definitely going to check it out. The blog doesn't have much traffic at the moment, but there are high hopes for it ;). I won't need much for now. Thanks for the help!

Those hosts may come recommended by Wordpress, but one should keep in mind that with one exception they're all affiliate links, leading you to budget hosts. At the very least, one must keep in mind that $10 will most probably result in $10 worth of allowed CPU usage. Blogs and applications in general can be quite CPU hungry.

Budget hosts can be good while you're starting out, but due to CPU usage, you'll have to upgrade before you get even close to using the allocations they advertise.

It Need to read more about these hosts as it may cost you so much with no value , so in my opinion you should decide right before hosting even it take some time.

Actually blogger is not using wordpress. ;)

Ahh, I stand corrected then!

Either way, Blogger is still supposed to be a pretty decent blog host from what friends have been telling me.

There are still more than a few free blog hosts that DO in fact use Wordpress.

Freeforums.org for instance I am pretty sure does use WordPress, but I would have to double check again to be certain.

HostGator is a pretty sweet hosting company and if you input the coupon code "wordpress" they'll start you off just for one cent and the plans are decent.

It's really a matter of how much traffic you get in choosing your host. Installing wordpress isn't an issue.