Best promotional Tactic

gwh23

hello,

I am curious as to which Promotional or Advertising tactic/campaign is the most effective/attractive to you as a consumer ?

For example : limited time offers, coupons, giveaways, etc.

All replies are welcome.

Limited Time Coupons worked very well for us in the December season that we ran it. sales went up 80% from the original goal we expected and we had to expand server capabilities in the run as well.

Limited time offers usually work well. Discounts like: Sign up now and get 10% off your first month or year.
Refer a friend and get a month free of hosting

Those might work out for you.

Maybe give an account that is one level up from what they pay for. Example: Gold account for the price of Silver.

What worked best for me is making a Special Event Sale or Limited Time Offer Only For A Specific Group.
I think the regular hosting consumer (or any consumer) likes to know they are getting a special deal.
An example, is posting on this message board:
"LIMITED TIME CHRISTMAS OFFER ONLY FOR HOSTING DISCUSSION MEMEBERS!"

I agree that limited time offers work well. I always take advantage of an event by offering a limited time special for clients. Giveaways also seem to draw more attention as well, clients love it when they get something for free.

Some host paid a guy to have their name tattooed on his head. You'd have to ask them if it was money well-spent, but it sure is creative.

Well, that's a very creative marketing technique. I suppose that when he is in downtown people will know where to get their hosting just by reading his forehead. Although, it can be perceived by others in a negative manner as well. The debates roll on.

4 Steps to Success

MOD NOTE: Affiliate links of any kind are not allowed. Thank you for your understanding.

Last edited by a moderator:
A limited offer would always get the attention of potential customers.

A freebie service or software would also attract clients. You can give away a free wysiwig editor or make your client a simple and personalized header along with a free web template. This would help them jumpstart their website.