Best Reseller Provider?

digit

I'm thinking of getting a resellers account from HostGator but I'm still not sure if that is the best option. I want to get an account that has the ability to sell domains included. I think Hostgator has this ability but are there any other companies with this same ability?

I cooperated with Hostony and Fastnext,you can view their reseller plans.May be they will meet your needs :)

Just an opinion. I wouldn't worry about trying to find a reseller that also provides a domain reseller account. If you find one, that's great, but make sure that you and your clients will have a 'real' domain registration control panel. By 'real', I mean an actual registrar control panel versus a reseller's API.

You might also consider having the domain reseller account with a different company. The old adage; 'Don't keep all of your eggs in one basket" applies here. If you have a problem with your hosting reseller, say late payments, whether it's you missing a payment or the hosting reseller's accounting error, you may not only be suspended from hosting reselling, but also domain reselling and their respective control panels.

I'm not making any accusations against the company you've chosen, or any other specific company. However, if you read through these forums, you'll see horror stories. I'm sure there are some that are a work of fiction, but there's some that are without a doubt true.

Hey Digit,

I did some looking around and found hostgator to have the best reseller offering around. You do get a free enom account (which they make a cut off of) but thew other option is to fork over a setup fee to enom to get the same thing. You do get your own control panel with enom and customers can login to a specific domain registration control panel as well.

I've been with them for almost 2 years now and been quite pleased.

Sometimes on some hosting forums you can request a enom reseller account from other larger businesses but remember that they can set the rate you get charged for the registrations. I do a lot of .ca registrations and i got hostgator to lower it from $21 to $16 so i could at least be somewhat competitive.

Also you get a free copy of WHM CS (much better than autopilot) so all in all its a great value for starting out.

good luck in your search.

From my experience, I recommend sambahosting (www.sambahosting.com) ....I bought a reseller accout from them last month and their servers are very stable and efficient. I had a lot of bad experience with some other hosts. (i am not interested to mention their names here)

You can find reviews on Site5 (mostly older ones) if you do a search at webhostingtalk.com. Basically they used to be a top notch establishment, then went for the budget hosting market and their reputation took a nosedive, and now things are pretty much silent. Some say that no news is usually good news, though personally I'm ambivalent when it comes to that concept.

Last edited:
Always remember to check reviews of the Google as well as forums like WebHostingTalk before deciding. ;)

What Google reviews do you mean? Do you mean the reviews which one can find by searching for them in Google :) ?

I'm pretty sure that's what he meant. You need to becareful with reviews sources though. On forums (the carefully moderated ones that is) members and moderators will always question the validity of the suspicious ones, ask for futher proof etc. That doesn't happen on many other sites. "hostname-sucks.com" sites also tend to focus only on the negative, and the members and owners will not exactly be the kind who can accept a positive opinion. Think of trying to convince the democrats that the republicans are best or vice-versa. :D

Reseller?

I wouldn't trust HostGator, they are over seller :uhh: I went there and left for good :shaky:

<<MOD NOTE: Self-promotion removed.>>

I want to mention one point essential in the reselling plans as well as in shared hosting, I mean CPU increase, usually reselling/shared plans have enough disk space and bandwidth, it's CPU limit that makes sites upgrade to vps.
And I recommend to get a reselling hosting provider who allows for the CPU level increase in their reselling plans, they track the total CPU level committed to each server and increase it when it's necessary. I know this feature is enabled in Utropicmedia.net reselling plans, there should be other providers allowing it.

I think that anyone should post through his experience. And that doesn't mean that web hosting provider great at all. I think that it good for you not for everyone. I sympatize with HostWW.net and Site5.com. They are great reseller web hosting providers in my opinion.

There are many options now. Some of the first hosting reseller programs are still very active such as viaverio and alabanza. Otherwise lease a dedicated server and drop your cost per hosted site even lower.