Best Shared Host for this spec...

crazyfool

Hi all :)

I am a first time website maker and need a web host. I am about to start a website which will have a software of size 10 MB available to download, and screenshots and 5-6 flash tutorials. I will also run a forum which will have at least 30 friends as registered users in 3 months. My programmer told me I might not be able to run this on a $10 per month type shared host because of CPU usage etc issues. Is this true? If it can be run on shared, which is the best shared host to use for my purposes?

I have done quite some reasearch, but the reviews out there seem unreliable… thats why asking u experienced guys directly. Any help/info from experienced folks would be greatly appreciated…

Thanks

I think that your programmer is right. I think that you need to know which PHP or MySQL is needed and then look into the shared web hosts. I think that hostgator.com, neowebspace.com or lunarpages.com are good for that. Go through their offers and I'm sure you will find good deal soon.
Good luck

From what it sounds like, this will be a fairly new site. I see no reason to go for anything higher than a Shared host at the moment. 10mb downloads or flash tutorials are static and not dynamic pages, therefore don't require much CPU usage. The forum would probably use the most CPU, however with only 30 people, it's not usually anything to worry about.