Best Web Hosting Against DDOS Attacks

Well every host should protect its customers against attacks.
If a host specializes in DDOS protection he probably has a lot of customers with content, attractive to attackers.
So probably hosts allowing adult / torrents / etc on their servers are experienced in dealing with DDOS attacks.

Not attempting to push our services at all, but we have some information on what to look for in a DDoS host.
<URL snipped>

CloudFlare hosts do a *decent* job with helping out some of the DDoS issues, however I would not rely just on that.

As to what the best host is to prevent DDoS, alot of this depends what you want hosting.

If you want dedicated servers or a Wordpress blog, will change the answer to your question.

Also what content are you hosting and how often are you likely to be attacked?

Last edited:
Depends on the type of attack.

If the bottleneck during the attack is CPU (high PHP & MySQL load), one of the most common methods is to setup a reverse proxy engine in front of the main server. Having one or more caching servers in front will significantly reduce the load on the main server. And since the pages are cached, there isn't the added overhead of processing the dynamic pages.

If the attack is filling the bandwidth available to the server fully, then you would either need a bigger pipe, or a mitigation solution of some sort before the server, or a combination of diverse caching servers and filtration or caching servers in an anycast setup depending on how highly available your application needs to be.

Reverse Proxies are good at removing CPU load out of repetitive tasks, but this is more likely a "traffic spike" or a slashdot rather than a DDoS.

True DDoS protection is done at the perimeter network, where you filter out all of the "bad data" such as Fragmented Packets, SYN Floods, Bad IP Checksums, Malformed Packets etc, this way only the "good traffic" that "follows all the rules" gets through to the Reverse Proxies, that can take care of the heavy lifting.

Reverse Proxies are good at removing CPU load out of repetitive tasks, but this is more likely a "traffic spike" or a slashdot rather than a DDoS.

True DDoS protection is done at the perimeter network, where you filter out all of the "bad data" such as Fragmented Packets, SYN Floods, Bad IP Checksums, Malformed Packets etc, this way only the "good traffic" that "follows all the rules" gets through to the Reverse Proxies, that can take care of the heavy lifting.

A Distributed Denial of Service isn't always a malicious attack. Like you said, getting a spike is likely to cause the same symptom as a malicious attack but can be handled very differently.

Handling this at the perimeter is the most expensive solution since it requires expensive dedicated hardware (purchased in pairs to eliminate a SPOF) and should be considered a last resort depending on what's really happening.

Well mate now days every host is providing semi dos attack protection with their servers if you still want to protect your servers you can ask host people to provide for few bugs they will provide you.

You can try cloudflare, staminus and blacklotus. They have been many years for against for ddos. But the cost are not cheap.

It will depend on the kind of dc you are using and the connections that they have and what they do when you get a ddos. If you get a small ddos you can try to limit it with a firewall, but if you get a larger one you will be needing the help of your DC

There are lots of hosting providers who offer DDoS protection. It's impossible to say which is the "best" one without knowing your requirements. Alternatively you can keep your current host and use remote DDoS protection.

If you are asking I guess you expect some DDoS attacks maybe due to your website audience? If that is the case, you maybe best looking into a company that specializes in DDoS protection as it can be very expensive for standard hosting providers to offer.

Heard of BlackLotus? They're popular among DDoS protection, expensive but this type of service is expensive to offer.

You can try cloud flare..

You may try very cheap vps from buyvm they provide DDoS protected IP so it is complete protection

BlackLotus, Staminus and Dragona are a few popular providers which offer DDOS protection. You can contact each one of them to get more details about the services and pricing.

In my experiences with DDOS Attacks i haven't came across any good ones except Greenhostbox.com in my eyes they are top notch, i haven't had a single downtime with them and their support tickets are answer give or take 1 hour