Better Webmail Software for cPanel servers?

RICK22

I run a bunch of cPanel servers and need a better webmail solution than what's built into cPanel. NeoMail is being phased out and Horde and SquirrelMail are just horrible.

Is there a webmail plugin or some third party software that provides a much better webmail experience and still plays nice with cPanel?

RoundCube is really nice. We use it as a webmail solution for our staff.

Many of our staff are on the go, almost continuously. Sometimes they have their laptops, sometimes they don't, so we setup RoundCube.

After they got used to SquirrelMail, RoundCube was a welcomed, and attractive change for them.

We have found Roundcube to be a good addition also although using HordeMail wasn't too bad for me. I do agree with SquirelMail though ( blah ) lol.

You may check the cPanel forum because I know many members are always asking about new email platforms.

I should also point out that RoundCube is brandable. Thus, if you want to provide a webmail solution to your customers that has your logo stamped on it....RoundCube can do this.

I should also point out that RoundCube is brandable. Thus, if you want to provide a webmail solution to your customers that has your logo stamped on it....RoundCube can do this.

I wonder whether that is permitted under the GNU license...

Artashes said:
I wonder whether that is permitted under the GNU license...
Absolutely. RoundCube actually provide instructions on doing it. You're not allowed to remove the copyright however, but you can customize the entire interface (logo, toolbar, etc)

What are the issues with Squirrelmail? I've heard many say that RoundCube is better. I've used both, but neither struck me as being particularly good or bad. Is RoundCube POP or IMAP capable?

As far as web-based applications are concerned, you MUST use IMAP functionality to retrieve POP3.

This means that you can use purely IMAP, or IMAP to retrieve the POP3. Either way it uses IMAP functionaltiy to create the reception functionality.

I know that this is an old thread, but I just wanted to add that atmail now has an opensource version of itself. It has a few less features than the paid counterpart, but it is another viable option.

Most customers like to use SquirrelMail as it is "simple" and sometimes simple is good. RoundCube is great, we simply provide Horde, SquirrelMail and RoundCube at the same time and let the customer choose which one to use.

Added RoundCube to my servers a while back and I like it quite a bit. Still use Webmail rarely, but it takes the good parts of Horde and Squirrel and puts them together (IMHO).

I use RoundCube on my servers and I have to say its the best webmail software that I've used, better than Horde and Squirrelmail.

This is a pretty old thread, but here's our answers ;)

NeoMail - dead program - removed from all servers
Horde - was good before it was rebuilt a year ago - now it's fairly slow. - Removed from all servers
SquirrelMail - fast, stripped down and barebones - still active on our machines
RoundCube - most popular - used by most users on our servers.