Big fire at hosting.ua Datacenter

Fires are bad wherever they occur, it's a great shame that a lot of data and hard work would have :( been lost however hopefully no one was injured.

I still can't imagine how it could have happened. Did they not have sufficient fire supression systems or did the systems fail?

Really odd to hear about a data center having a large fire like that. :(

You just never know from day to day what awaits. Never like to hear about disasters. I hope everyone had their data backed up.

that must suck

... did they not have giant co2 tanks?

That's why I can't understand how this could have happened. What data center doesn't have a some type of fire suppression system installed like FM-200 or halon or something :confused:

Also, most companies test their fire suppression systems monthly to ensure they are in working order.

Then again, all the above is typical of US companies. So the same standards may not be the same in other countries.

That's why I can't understand how this could have happened. What data center doesn't have a some type of fire suppression system installed like FM-200 or halon or something :confused:

Also, most companies test their fire suppression systems monthly to ensure they are in working order.

Then again, all the above is typical of US companies. So the same standards may not be the same in other countries.

if they had co2 ... like a cabinet would have burned up at max. :sad:

I can't even begin to discuss how sleazy I find this post.

You are taking the loss of another company and using it to try and drum up business.
This really is beyond unethical.
One of the reasons this industry continues to disapoint me.

Add DedicatedNow to the list of companies I will never do business with.

Last edited:
Amen Blue, I agree 100%.

Hopefully Hosting.ua gets this fixed quickly. From what I just read on their website, they have redirected all clients DNS to the backup servers and everything is working fine.. Good news for them and their clients, bad news for the many shady hosts out there trying to steal their clients!

I can't even begin to discuss how sleazy I find this post.

You are taking the loss of another company and using it to try and drum up business.
This really is beyond unethical.
One of the reasons this industry continues to disapoint me.

Add DedicatedNow to the list of companies I will never do business with.

I wonder how big that list is .. :eek: