Bitcoin payment

Bitcoin is by far not the best payment method.

In fact, it is by far the most controversial payment method as Bitcoin has been a focal point of industry discussion for a few years now.

Why do you think it has the characteristics of currently being the best?

It's a good payment method but not the best, at least standing at the position of providers, it's not the best.

Almost no one uses bitcoin to pay for any services. Paypal and credit cards are the most popular
Well, that seems to be a common misconception as quite a few providers do currently accept BitCoin. I ran a thread about this in another forum recently and was surprised at just how many providers not only accept BitCoin, but say it works better for them than credit cards.

Well, that seems to be a common misconception as quite a few providers do currently accept BitCoin. I ran a thread about this in another forum recently and was surprised at just how many providers not only accept BitCoin, but say it works better for them than credit cards.

the hosts i found that accept bitcoin seem to be offshore hosts, so they dont care who or what they host.

We offer bitcoin, purely because we can.

I've had few customers use it, but those who have, have behaved themselves.

right now its used most. As its fast and cheap most of the transactions are done using bitcoin currency now. Its not the Best, still people are comfortable with paypal and credit card payment methods.

As I know that Vultr VPS provider are now accepting Bitcoin in their payment system. You can buy VPS at them and pay via bitcoin.

Good luck to you,

Maybe the bitcoin customers behave themselves as they have no recourse should they get themselves suspended.

Bitcoin payments are most often associated with anonymity and privacy. And where is anonymity in buying hosting services then most likely there is something fishy.
Bitcoin payments are one of the best payment method for spammers and other abusers. However it is by far not the best payment method for providers.

What makes it a bad payment method for the provider. You still run a MaxMind against their IP address and phone number, so what does it matter they pay with BitCoin? They can't perform a charge back, so why misbehave and lose your money?

Has people forgot about Liberty Reserve which was also a digital currency like Bitcoin.
This had a following and a few hosts offering it because of the 'no chargeback' ability.
This failed and ceased because it started to be highly used by scammers/fraudsters.
I can see Bitcoin eventually going the same way

What makes it a bad payment method for the provider. You still run a MaxMind against their IP address and phone number, so what does it matter they pay with BitCoin? They can't perform a charge back, so why misbehave and lose your money?

Yes, you use MaxMInd, Fraudrecord checks, other verification methods, however sometimes they still go through and then you ask yourself if the money you get is worth all the trouble they cause.

We accept Bitcoin payments mainly because we can not that there is a must.

Yes, you use MaxMInd, Fraudrecord checks, other verification methods, however sometimes they still go through and then you ask yourself if the money you get is worth all the trouble they cause.

the thing is to not provide instant setups, so when an order comes through and if they get past the maxmind/fraudrecord checks then you can still carry out further checks before they actually get an invoice to pay.

We accept Bitcoin payments mainly because we can not that there is a must.

That is the wrong mentality to have, just because a payment option is available does not mean you have to offer it.