Buying A Name With All Major Domains?

Zagor

Is there a company that offers "same name with various TLDs" packages? Usually when I register a good name I make sure no one can steal it later by buying all TLD variations. It would be nice to have this option at hand.

Not really.

I did that, and always do, I kind of take the offers about I got .eu and .net for a cheap price.

123-reg have some good offers.

Just buy them about, not many offer loads for cheaper pricing.

Yes 123-reg are good on price. Godaddy offers more TLDs at a reasonable price.

If you are interested in alot of the stranger domains, hexonet are good (not cheap).

Sure, most domain registrars and web hosts offer customers to register domain names in multiple zones. Do you really want to register the same name in "ALL" TLDs?

Re :

I don't think you should BUY a domain name - you just basically "rent" them out for a certain fee every year. Some places do allow you to register a domain name and prepay for like 99 years or something like that if I remember correctly. Cant remember where I seen it, but i am sure you could find it if you look around.

I don't think you should BUY a domain name - you just basically "rent" them out for a certain fee every year. Some places do allow you to register a domain name and prepay for like 99 years or something like that if I remember correctly. Cant remember where I seen it, but i am sure you could find it if you look around.

I am not sure I follow.

What is the difference if owning a domain still requires you to pay for it every year, so it essentially what rent is.

The cost of domain names is so low that I do not see much benefit in saving a couple of bucks renting it, even though if we think about it, renting would be a more expensive option as someone still has to pay the yearly fee, and then make a little profit renting it out...?

I don't think there are any restrictions on registering same name with multiple TLD's. Most of the domain registrars allow it.

Indeed it is widely used by many domain registrars and web hosting providers. You could take all or some using coupon code ,it will save a lot,also be convenient too.

I don't apply this strategy because is expensive. If you are good on what you do, people will find you site.
Because there is always the question if I took all the TLDs should I also take the common typos domain?

As some other members have mentioned in their replies I can't see the true value in owning your company domain in every TLD. With the right SEO/SEM you will be able to drive the right traffic to your site.

In terms of typos for your own domain one thing to consider is natural type in traffic as well and common errors people make when typing at the keyboard example 'n' instead of 'j' or 'o' instead of 'i' etc. or double characters such as 'tt' if your domain only has one 't' since it is proven for most right handed people they tend to be a little heavier with their index finger. I would like to make it clear that I am in no way promoting or talking about cyber squatting but legit typos for your company domain. There are a few providers and companies out there that do it. Especially if your site generates a lot of traffic then it is important to own the typos.

In my opinion, one should all available TLDs when going for a serious business. So, no one can derive traffic with same name on different TLD.

However, you have to register them manually one by one as no company register a name in all TLDs.

It is definitely a good strategy, but only with major TLD's and relevant to your business (don't register a .ORG if you're not a non-profit organization!). I have HostLeet.COM, .NET and .US pointing to the same site. Never tried the typo strategy, though.

Great idea, but major .com, .net , .org, .info are all enough for a company, if its not venturing for a big international business.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sus123