Buying other hosts clients

Of course. If you purchase clients from one web host, those clients have already become accustomed to how that host does business and how it handles support and other related issues. If your business does not meet and/or exceed the standard that has been set by the previous web host, there is a very good chance they will leave.

A second problem I see with purchasing clients from a customer perspective is that I would feel like I am property rather than a person.

However, if I were to look at it from a web host standpoint, I'd see it as an easy way to get more customers. I would make sure that I treat them better than their older host did to avoid losing some.

All in all, I think it would make people feel less valued as a customer. But, hosts can use it as a quick way to get more clients.

UrbanHostOnline said:
Does anybody see any potential problems in buying other hosts clients?
Yes lots - and rewards too.

It depends on a number of factors, not all of which you can control ...
* the quality of the clients - payment history, plans chosen, technical awareness level
* the quality of the previous host - you either inherit a support nightmare or have a lot to live upto
* the price - if the cliente are paying $0.79/month then paying $100 is probably not worth it
* the plans/feature sets already offered - too many "unlimited" hosts out there looking to get out before they're caught out

Most isuses can be solved by
(a) due-dilligence
(b) due-dilligence
and
(c) due-dilligence

Work out what the cost of acquiring a customer averages out to be - hen calculate if you'd rather spend that on advertising to obtain new clients or buying someone elses clients

And remember 2 things always
1 - caveat emptor
2 - do the due-dilligence

HTH

On the other side I will say if you are tring to personaly email all the new client update them with the condition and give them a better offer with good support and server up time that the always love to have .. you are, one or the other way creating a good name in and can achive the target.

After all this good words will surely increase the business ...