Can you start promoting it?

sherwood

If you just started a new blog and it has a lot of content already (say 50 blog posts), is it OK to start submitting it to blog/website directories, or do you have to wait till the blog is at least one month old?

OK so the age of a website has little thing to do with its PR. What about the chance of your website being approved by the website directories? To approve and list your website, will they consider its age?

Hello Sherwood,

Typically, when you use a directory submission service for submitting your site/blog it is approved instantly assuming the blog is appropriate with the corresponding directories. Also, as Artashes mentioned, I don't believe the age of the site will have anything to do with its PR. If the content of your blog is of high-quality material it should be accepted regardless of how long your site has been around.

Don't forget to submit your blog to free website directories and submit with confidence you will be fine :). One rule of thumb you did a great job at was writing all of your blogs in advance 50+. When starting a blog site it’s always wise to write up a bunch of articles in advance. If you have pre-written your blogs this will facilitate by ensuring you continuously have fresh material for your readers.

Lets us know how it goes and once your blog is live share it with us, maybe some members here may enjoy it :agree:

Thanks Matthew for the advice. I agree with you about preparing at least 50 posts in advance before publishing your blog. It will keep your blog regularly updated for at least two months.

Typically, when you use a directory submission service for submitting your site/blog it is approved instantly assuming the blog is appropriate with the corresponding directories.
I've not found this to be true. Some will be approved in a matter of days and others weeks or more. And some never. :D

As long as your blog and the content on it is relevant to the section of the directory your submitting to, you should not have any issues with it being approved by directories.

You can begin submitting your blog to the directories even the next day your site is up and active over the net because even if there are hundreds of pages on your site, the number would not guarantee faster inclusions at the sites, especially while using the free directories and your site remaining in the queue for a long time. You may like trying out the long term SEO method instead and targeting the main search engines.

You can start submitting instantly, even with only a handful of articles. The more you have, the easier it is to start getting recognition from others however.

I've been actively involved in a number of NEW sites here in the past couple of months, and as soon as there's 5 articles I start the submission process and then go about the SEO of the website and getting more inbound links. Page Rank is used only by people these days, search engines don't pay any attention to it. Page Rank no longer means anything to Google. Page Rank Sculpting no longer works either - google removed all that fun stuff too :)

I can easily get a site with PR0 to rank number 1 and 2 in SERPs. Not only that, but you can easily rank a site with nothing more than RSS feeds from other sites and get those sites to outrank competition and use them as feeder sites. ;)

Age no longer has ANYTHING to do with getting ranked in search engines. People that tell you that it takes a few weeks for your site to show up also are incorrect. Usually I can get a page on an existing site to show up within 20-60 minutes. A NEW sites I can get ranked and included in Google in less than 48 hours.

As for directory inclusion - it's nice, but not mandatory. Most paid services where you can be included in 1,000 directories for $49 or something are usually doing some automated system and that raises a red flag with directory sites and often can find the listing not listed. More hassle than it's worth.

as long as your site is indexed you can start promoting it with no issues, just don't build more than 100 per day on your first month and you'll be fine

It all really depends on the directory owner and what their policy is. Some will add any site as long as you submit to the proper category.

it is fine to start with directory submission, social bookmarking if you have worthy content in the site, Directory submission approvals are not going to take place all in over night so you dont need to worry about spam effect.

Of course you may continue with the submission and SEO stuff, it should not be concerned with the number of posts because older these techniques, more number of visitors you will get.

If your website is complete according to designing and other way. Then you can start optimization of any web site. But must try first on page and then turn to off page.

You can post new post on your blog and submit its link in directory websites. The age of blog doesn't matter in link submission or Page rank. It will matter when you start a new website or blog and your website or blog has a huge number of backlinks within one month or fast, then it will come in Black Hat.