ChatXbox - Xbox News and Fan website

web3k

ChatXbox - chatxbox.com

We started working on this Xbox news and fan site early last year, however we've not had a lot of time for our own projects as customer websites get preference.

The site is based on wordpress with a custom template, contains a few postings, content and rss feeds. We've also integrated phpBB and the template together. We had also planned to integrate a wiki for user generated content, however didn't get this far.

We had also considered integrating a shopping cart, or at the very least a catalog where you could use affiliate and referral programs to generate some revenue.

There's been no SEO work done, so you'll be starting with a blank canvas. It has all the characteristics of being a potentially great site and an income earner with google adwords and affiliate programs.

We really don't have the time to develop this any further and are willing to let it go for $150.00 (USD), which we think is a bargain given the work and time that's gone into it.

We are going to list it on Flippa eventually, but thought we'd give the WHT community a chance at it first.

The site is based on wordpress with a custom template, contains a few postings, content and rss feeds.
Reds Evolution is not a custom theme and the only posting is a one saying the domain is for sale.

We had also planned to integrate a wiki for user generated content, however didn't get this far.
Exactly you Planned this and not done this.

We had also considered integrating a shopping cart, or at the very least a catalog where you could use affiliate and referral programs to generate some revenue.
Again this has not been completed and was only considered. you can't expect extra just because you considered or was thinking of addiong extra features.

There's been no SEO work done, so you'll be starting with a blank canvas.
exactly its just a blank forum without content or SEO

We really don't have the time to develop this any further and are willing to let it go for $150.00 (USD), which we think is a bargain given the work and time that's gone into it.
dont see much work in this, not $150 worth of work. Maybe $20 + the domain cost.

but thought we'd give the WHT community a chance at it first.

this is HD and not WHT

i would be willing to give you $20 + the domain cost.

Thanks for your offer Terry.

It would seem you're clearly interested, however we have different views on what we believe the site is worth, so in this instance I'll be refusing your offer.

Good luck in your future endeavors.

To you. Someone else might disagree.

The market will dictate what this website is worth. If your offer stands and was refused by the seller, there is no need to discuss it further.

Maybe but as the OP states

The site is based on wordpress with a custom template, contains a few postings, content and rss feeds. We've also integrated phpBB and the template together. We had also planned to integrate a wiki for user generated content, however didn't get this far.

Its a free available template and not a custom template and also their is no posts/content and just because he was planning to add a wiki does not add any value to what he is offering.

so all he is offering is a blank forum with a domain.

Clearly I'm not the only numpty here.....

Sure, I got the link wrong in the url (chatbox vs chatxbox), though for those paying attention, would have noticed that the link doesn't match the text. Clearly I wasn't paying attention, my bad.

I'd edit the post, but as I don't have access and to correct my error, the actual link to the site is: www.chatxbox.com

Thanks for the ongoing feedback and commentary Terry. You were very thorough in your postings, though like myself, not thorough enough.

My position of refusing your initial offer still stands.

Clearly I'm not the only numpty here.....

Sure, I got the link wrong in the url (chatbox vs chatxbox), though for those paying attention, would have noticed that the link doesn't match the text. Clearly I wasn't paying attention, my bad.

I'd edit the post, but as I don't have access and to correct my error, the actual link to the site is: www.chatxbox.com

Thanks for the ongoing feedback and commentary Terry. You were very thorough in your postings, though like myself, not thorough enough.

My position of refusing your initial offer still stands.

my comments were for http://chatbox.com/ which is the link you gave in the original post, which are fair to that domain/site.