cheapest unlimited shared hosting in the world.

I am sure there are plenty and it is a big question if companies that offer such packages will even survive in the long-term. Personally I'd never recommend going with a provider that offers such rock bottom pricing because it is an unsustainable practice.

$10, less payment processing fees, you are left with $9.41, which comes to $0.78 per month in REVENUE. Out of that you need to take cost of goods sold, which includes technical support. I wouldn't expect any level of professional help at this price.

You can check out the offers section for such offers. Are you looking for Linux or Windows Hosting ?

not many genuine hosts can offer such plans at that price, you will find plenty on a certain auction site from the so called kiddie hosts.

Their is no such thing as unlimited anyone.

0.50 a month ROFL

You have a lot to learn about this business and operating costs if you think that's possible. 99% of unlimited providers are just scammers or kids saving up for an xbox

you could get unlimited everything plan off ebay for $5 a year, but in a month or so you will be on here saying ' i have been scammed by *** and cant get my site files' when they take your money and vanish as they dont have a clue on what they are doing

unlimited hosting can be free of charge or cost you a few $$ per year. But any client is looking for the quality service and cheap rated hosts can't produce quality service. So you need to chose price or quality.

If your hosting website is not so important then you can search for web host that provide hosting account for free or lesser price. But their is less chance for a professional support for technical issues.

Offering unlimited storage does tend to require some sort of investment. Sure, you can throw some large HDDs into a server and offer 'unlimited' storage to users but there is a finite amount of space in that machine and when it runs out what will the provider do? Beyond that - do you really want to be on a small array of large spinning disks? Probably not.

Most quality providers offering unlimited storage have separate storage platforms such as a SAN or a distributed cluster storage platform. This allows them to add storage to the platform and to assign it to any server without worrying about how many drive bays a particular server has.

Another benefit in most cases to providers that do this right is that they don't so much have to worry about storage available to individual servers and can focus on the big picture - how much space is available on the cluster as a whole. Additionally you generally gain more redundancy against failure as most of these platforms keep multiple copies of the data on multiple machines/drives.

That being said - a provider that is doing this right is not going to be able to offer unlimited at anywhere near $10/year.

Storage costs money. Quality storage costs more money.

Offering unlimited storage does tend to require some sort of investment. Sure, you can throw some large HDDs into a server and offer 'unlimited' storage to users but there is a finite amount of space in that machine and when it runs out what will the provider do? Beyond that - do you really want to be on a small array of large spinning disks? Probably not.

Most quality providers offering unlimited storage have separate storage platforms such as a SAN or a distributed cluster storage platform. This allows them to add storage to the platform and to assign it to any server without worrying about how many drive bays a particular server has.

Another benefit in most cases to providers that do this right is that they don't so much have to worry about storage available to individual servers and can focus on the big picture - how much space is available on the cluster as a whole. Additionally you generally gain more redundancy against failure as most of these platforms keep multiple copies of the data on multiple machines/drives.

That being said - a provider that is doing this right is not going to be able to offer unlimited at anywhere near $10/year.

Storage costs money. Quality storage costs more money.
but even so each HDD has a limit, even if you charged $1000 a year and an average HDD costs $100 to purchase. you need to make a profit, so for the $1000 you could allow then 7 HDD, so what do you do after than if they have paid for unlimited space

but even so each HDD has a limit, even if you charged $1000 a year and an average HDD costs $100 to purchase. you need to make a profit, so for the $1000 you could allow then 7 HDD, so what do you do after than if they have paid for unlimited space
The biggest issues are a) charging enough that you are profitable and b) being able to scale your storage up as you need it.

I mean if 95% of your users are going to use 100g+ of storage - that's fine if you're charging ~$200/year+ per client. If 95% of your clients are going to use 5G or less then $10~20/year is feasible. That said neither of these sets of numbers really account for the rest of the operating costs [ support, bandwidth, power, hardware, leasing, etc ]. This is assuming you aren't limited to 4, 8, or 12 drives in the server hosting all of these customers.

The biggest issues are a) charging enough that you are profitable and b) being able to scale your storage up as you need it.

I mean if 95% of your users are going to use 100g+ of storage - that's fine if you're charging ~$200/year+ per client. If 95% of your clients are going to use 5G or less then $10~20/year is feasible. That said neither of these sets of numbers really account for the rest of the operating costs [ support, bandwidth, power, hardware, leasing, etc ]. This is assuming you aren't limited to 4, 8, or 12 drives in the server hosting all of these customers.

but the issue is that if you offer unlimited plan for $200 a year then technically a single user could take that and use up all your servers resources which may cost you in excess of $1000 a year.

most users these days wont take up more than 5GB, even my main site only take up 1,500MB

but the issue is that if you offer unlimited plan for $200 a year then technically a single user could take that and use up all your servers resources which may cost you in excess of $1000 a year.

most users these days wont take up more than 5GB, even my main site only take up 1,500MB
It's a game of numbers and there's always risk involved. The only way to get rid of all risk is not to play the game.

You need to have a very good TOS and have explicit ONLY web files and no deposit of any king of files.
In case the client start using the host to a different usage that is not web/mail you suspend., however the best think is never go hunting these unlimited all and everything for peanuts. The result is always a big disaster.

You need to have a very good TOS and have explicit ONLY web files and no deposit of any king of files.
In case the client start using the host to a different usage that is not web/mail you suspend., however the best think is never go hunting these unlimited all and everything for peanuts. The result is always a big disaster.

Regardless of the agreement / terms of service / acceptable use policy - I don't think suspension is the right thing to do immediately unless there is imminent danger to the server or storage itself.

It's always best to work with a client / to reach out to them and to try and discuss it with them prior to suspension especially when it's simply about disk usage.

Cheapest unlimited shared hosting is good for prices only. It is not good for business. Businesses need managed dedicated hosting servers for performance. Vps hosting can give you more security features at almost same rates. Go for cloud web server hosting if your business is global and growing.

Cheapest unlimited shared hosting is good for prices only.
Cheapest anything is usually not the best you can get especially for business. I mean most businesses, while they are cost conscious, would rather spend a little more for quality service.

Businesses need managed dedicated hosting servers for performance.
No, no they don't need it. There are many cases where that's absolutely overkill and a waste of money and resources.

Vps hosting can give you more security features at almost same rates.
I would not trust a VPS that costs teh same as a shared hosting plan - much less a cheap shared hosting plan.

Go for cloud web server hosting if your business is global and growing.
Maybe - but probably not. Any client needing a cloud web server is most likely not going to be looking at a 'cheapest unlimited shared hosting' thread on HostingDiscussion.

Last edited:
when you are going to pay 10/year for such services you don't expect to get a decent services
I certainly would not host any mission critical data on a $10/year web hosting service. I might use it for some small brochure type website.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sus123