Checks and money orders

JamesCWilson

You really do not hear of many companies that accept checks and money orders these days, but I think there still are a few of course.

Do you personally accept checks or money orders, and if so why or why not?

I accept Checks and Money orders. I found some people who don't trust their information being online, so they prefer to pay this way. There isn't many, but some.

I can't think of a reason why webhosting providers wouldn't accept MO or Checks (since it's easy to cut-off access if they bounce). For physical-goods I'm not sure I'd accept them though...

We accept them only if we know the customer. We had a lot of bounced checks and once they bounce, yes you can turn off the service but you are also stuck with the charge backs and extra fees at the bank.

Yes, we accept checks and money orders. Why? The risk is minimal, and the reward is - simply getting paid. :D

I've been lucky, I've never gotten a check that bounced. Most who select the Check/Money Order option send Money Orders.

Very few and far between. I guess we have been lucky this way, no one really wants to fool with writing out a check anymore at least those we deal with.

Personally I hate them too, I have one thing that it sent via check and it bugs me every month as the longer I type on a keyboard the worse my handwriting gets. :D

People always forget sending checks on time!!.. I send them an invoice a week ago.. Then send them emails... usually i have response I suspended their accounts:))

People always forget sending checks on time!!.. I send them an invoice a week ago.. Then send them emails... usually i have response I suspended their accounts:))

It is a little tricky with getting payments on time. I've always tried to convince clients to pay at least quarterly when using cash/checks/money order.

Arrrhhh.. They don't!! They always promise to send on time, but they don't.... What happens at the end of quarter? Same thing... They won't pay on time in any way:)

Accepting checks or money orders is more of a pain in the neck than it's worth. You'll spend too much time asking clients for payment and getting the runaround "the checks in the mail".

Automated payments via credit card, PayPal and Google Checkout makes life so much easier. :D

Well, both still work, although I believe that when it comes to intangible items, the credit card and PayPal work better.

We do but it's not terribly prominent - I never understand why people mail a check vs. paying with an Echeck. I don't think they realize that when they hand the check over I have the same numbers to their account than if they just filled out the form.

But anyway, yes, we take them - just not many clients choose to pay with them.

we don't accept checks and don't think we lose customers because of it, if a customer can send a check it is more possible that he can pay with credit card too.

frankly speaking, we only accept credit card or paypal, but if our existing clients don't have option to extend their payment, then we will provide our money orders option :)

Now everyone should use payment methodes that are easy and fast to use for clients, that is why paying with credit cards or via paypal is getting more and more popular.

Yeah, same here. Most people pay late when they use checks. We will only let customers that first sign up and pay with a credit card switch to checks if they ask. Mostly it's because it's just too hard to get to the bank.