ClientExec vs. WHMCS

GnomeyNewt

With the new ClientExec coming out and I need to purchase to upgrade because my support ran out about 3 months ago. I've been hearing a lot of good things about WHMCS. Anybody who used both these programs want to let me know why they choose one over the other?

Exactly why? They seem to pretty much function the same, I'm sure some features here or there are different. I know that ClientExec at present is a pain to theme, but the default order form is pretty darn nice so I have't messed too much with the order form.

WHMCS theme looks easy enough to customize? I think. Never seen the theme files, only read that it is easy. But the admin and even customer end is not as easy on the eyes. Seems very cluttery.

Anybody else can comment on these 2 scripts?

It seems WHMCS is much more popular. Its order form is almost the same as the Modernbill one. WHMCS has many modules for domain registration, hosting control panels, CC gateways - much more than modernbill but I still prefer modernbill.

I have used whcms which we currently use and modernbill. We likeed both but found modernbill best for dedicated servers just seems to go smoother. WHCMS great and easy to use we are very glad we started using it. I think really if you chose any of those you will not regret it.

GnomeyNewt said:
Exactly why? They seem to pretty much function the same, I'm sure some features here or there are different. I know that ClientExec at present is a pain to theme, but the default order form is pretty darn nice so I have't messed too much with the order form.

WHMCS theme looks easy enough to customize? I think. Never seen the theme files, only read that it is easy. But the admin and even customer end is not as easy on the eyes. Seems very cluttery.

Anybody else can comment on these 2 scripts?
I actually find WHMCS's admin interface very easy to use. I found it easier to customize (even the products offered) and easier to use. Also Matt and his support team are top notch.

Were using ClientExec latest. Serves all our needs. I have never really liked WHMCS, always thought that it was untidy.

WHMCS, actually prefer that interface as well as being very easy to use. There are CONSTANT updates to the software which is something that we looked for.

As already mentioned the support is superb, I have had tickets answered within 3 minutes with resolution which is simply unheard of. Knowing you have that kind of support, hard to use something else knowing you are backed that well. :thumbup:

agreed the support at WHMCS is fantastic

No one has stated from a clients point of view what is easier to navagate
cant speak for all of the billing clients but past versions of modern bill were horrid speaking from a end users point of view

WHMCS is much much better than clientexec and we used both

here are my reasons:

1) easy to implement and use
2) new shopping cart feature in 3.5
3) more options for payment processors
4) better support
5) EASE EASE EASE of use -- learning curve is 5 min w/ CleintExec some things do not make sense

I ended up making the switch about a week ago. I had been in contact with Matt on and off about converting from CE 3 and I just cannot wait for features to be added to CE that already are and have been standardized in WHMCS. As much as I like our helpdesk software, having both billing and helpdesk together in a single area is worth more to me than having separate logins.

I was waiting for CE 3.1 to come out, but I've found myself waiting on software releases before to only have them delayed time and time again. I am certain CE will eventually deliver on this release, but there's not even a real ETA at the moment since they've just begun the alpha phase of testing.

The switch has been painless and I'm excited to finally get to see and work with the admin. side of WHMCS. It's much easier to navigate and I already like it better than CE.