Cloud computing server technologies and securities

bodhost

Cloud computing is known today and there are multiple technologies, but we need to further understand which cloud computing technology is more reliable and what are the advantages and disadvantages of them.

There are few that we already now, but are they reliable ?

1. VMware
2. eNlight
3. Applogic
4. Xen-based cloud platform
5. Amazon Web Services
6. Force.com
7. Appistry Cloud Computing Middleware
8. Microsoft Live Mesh
9. AppNexus
10. Flexiscale
11. Google App Engine
12. Terremark Enterprise Cloud

Has anyone used them before and how reliable are they ?

Last edited:
Cloud Computing may be the next major change in webhosting, but this is no use to anyone that is using openvz as cloud linux is not compatible with openVZ

no all my servers are openvz

Then, i suggest we should consider other cloud computing services options, let's take VMware or eNlight cloud computing for a start.

VMware is quite reliable and they it is built and does support cloud linux whereas eNlight cloud computing services are auto-scalable and setup on multiple hardware platfroms for security and uptime.

Applogic is another xen-based cloud platform which is reliable as well, but their cloud instances built on the service is slower than other cloud computing services.

Google App engine is a good cloud computing services, but haven't used it yet

Vmware has some of the features such as :

1. Networking offload
2. VMDirectPath I/O
3. Resource management for virtual machines
4. Support for FibreChannel, iSCSI, NAS shared storage types and local SCSI/SAS/SATA storage
5. Support for leading edge storage and networking technologies
6. New-Host level power management

eNlight cloud computing has features such as :

1. Create Virtual Machines on Demand
2. User-friendly control panel management
3. Enlightened Virtual Machines, Fibre Channel Disk Storage, Dual Storage controllers and Decentralized storage
4. Assign resources, monitor performance and repair faulty VMs
5. Reboot is not required to upgrade or downgrade server resources
6. Pre-Configured Linux and Windows OS Templates

Please share your experiences of features with other cloud computing services

VMWare is also cost prohibitive for smaller companies offering cloud services. Is not open source, and while it may have advanced features, not many of them benefit customers outside a corporate setting.

OTOH OnApp seems good, but I've had cases where upgrading the Kernel kills the VM which is never good, security updates happen.

VMWare is also cost prohibitive for smaller companies offering cloud services. Is not open source, and while it may have advanced features, not many of them benefit customers outside a corporate setting.

OTOH OnApp seems good, but I've had cases where upgrading the Kernel kills the VM which is never good, security updates happen.

So, is there any solution to this ?