Cold Fusion and Control Panels

accord2nrz

Hi everyone. I have a rather serious question I planned on getting some input from before I tackle it. A customer is wanting to transfer a cold fusion site to my servers however I do not as yet have cold fusion running. I have the software but I am concerned about it making changes to the server that are going to interfere with the Enkompass Control panel I have running on it primarily.

Initially I was thinking of deploying an additional server and just hosting the cold fusion software on it however I don't see the justification of spending x dollars a month for 1 customer to have a cold fusion site. I've gone to the developers of Enkompass and lo and behold its not designed to function with cold fusion.

Here's my question. In lieu of deploying a whole new server and rolling it as a webserver with the sole purpose of employing cold fusion is there a way to install it on the primary server and just have the control panel recognize the mime type to associate it with the cold fusion engine? Or would it be simply easier to redesign the cold fusion site into a php based site. (almost as much of a headache and not completely sure the customer would be okay with it.)

The server has more than enough ram (32G) to handle the additional programs. I'm just more or less concerned about the incompatability issue between the panel itself and the engine.

Enkompass was probably a mistake, given how it's ending up.
Plesk would have managed ColdFusion fine.

Your best bet may be to just turn the customer away, and recommend a host that already offers CF. (And then tell him to come back if he has any non-CF projects. That might mean more than jumping in head first with CF.)

If you're not familiar with ColdFusion, I suggest you don't do it. It's not fun.