winnopeg

Well, what are your computer specs? I have a Compaq Presario with :

AMD Athelon XP 2800+ running at 2.01GHz
120GB HD
512MB RAM
CR/RW
DVD RAM
onboard graphics

It's really not a great computer. What about you?

I have a really nice Sony Vaio hubby bought me (mainly to keep me off his). I am running XP with a Pentium 4 CPU 2.80GHz, 2.80 GHz, 480 MB of Ram. It has all the bells and whistles. I think I can even watch tv, but as much as I love tv, I haven't tried it yet.

Libby

Desktop:

AMD Athlon 2800
1 GB DDR Ram
EVGA Geforce 5600 XT
120 GB HD

Laptop:

Dell Latitude D600
1.4 GHz Pentium M
512 MB Ram
ATI Radeon Video Card(Never bothered to check which one)
40 GB HD

Cool :) Your computers are better than mine - I forgot to mention one thing. While I may be running XP Home, I still can run out of all 512MB of RAM, and all virtual memory just browsing the internet, and the prossessor is only running at about 700MHz :p That's mostly why I don't recomend Compaq ;)

Then there's the fact it litteraly takes 10 minutes to boot... :D

10 minutes to boot...damn ill get crazy if somethin like tht happens to me, how do u manage..hehe

not tht i have got something gr8, i make do with a 2.0 Celeron, 512 MB ram, 80 GB hdd

It's not too hard to manage - just never turn the computer off :p

It really is a total pain in the rear though.

lol yeah, neva turn the comp off..good
but wht if it crashes and u have to restart? :p

btw ive heard tht comps having Windows OS, automatically crashes after some 47.2 days, has this ever happend witha you?

I've got a Mac - Dual 1.25 GHz PowerPC G4 - with 1.25 GB DDR Ram. I know I am probably a rare one with Macs, but I am a Graphic Designer by trade and have always had a Mac. I did have a PC once for a period of time, but am one of "those" Mac people. :p

I do look forward to getting a new machine this Summer / Fall when Apple releases the Intel versions. They are supposed to Dual Boot OSs so I can run Windows as needed instead of Virtual PC.

pairbrother said:
lol yeah, neva turn the comp off..good
but wht if it crashes and u have to restart? :p

btw ive heard tht comps having Windows OS, automatically crashes after some 47.2 days, has this ever happend witha you?
The power goes out every once and a while - for just a second. It turns it off, I'd say at about 20 days :p

And yeah, when it crashes it sucks BIG time :D