Considerations before Hosting a web site

roxxy

To upload your site after designing it is very important to purchase a reliable hosting package. Selecting hosting packages completely depends on the type of your site. You should have a hosting package at least few MB more then your total size of the website. If it is portal website or job site or any thing like this you must have higher bandwidth and above 99% uptime because it is not you may loose many important visitor or visitors may not find interest in your site to visit.

Some fine advice there! Hosts need to have clear and informative websites. These are more inviting to customers. If you have pages packed with text, graphics, animations and numerous loud colours then the customer will be put off the site. When doing research about anything in particular, lets use webhosts as an example, there are some sites that I would instantly leave because of the layout/content. Sites that are clean, tidy and straight to the point are what I want. Anything other than that is wasting my time.

Most customers would want to know pretty much straight away if you offer front page extensions. If they don't see it on your website in the first few moments of entering it, they'll leave. Presentation is massively important, especially in online businesses.

Matt

I think peoples oppinions on good and bad can vary. I know some hate flash, some love it, some like plain sites and some like sites to sing and dance etc...

Personally a site that has the information I need on the home page or a click away is good. I will see if I can track down what I think is good.

What number 1 reason would ease your guard and convince you to try a new host? In other words, what is the most important determining factor for you?

Forums are good... but I would hope to see good and bad posts so that I can see where a host has let someone down and what they did to correct the issue. If there is a squeeky clean forum with out complaints then I would probably move on because it seems like the host has deleted the bad comments.

All I need to see is that problems are addresses... but at the same time the good should still outweigh the bad.